PDA

View Full Version : XP Re-installation Woes

metatter
28-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I have just reinstalled my XP Pro SP2, no problem there, but when I install my nForce2 chipset drivers, I get this Blue Screen :
Attached file: 100_0519.JPG (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/100_0519.JPG) (114 KB)

Originally thinking it may have been XP install problems, I have tried reinstalling 5 times but the problem only occurs after the driver install (for all chipset drivers: GART, IDE, Audio, Ethernet,......) I have d'loaded the latest drivers for the m'board but the same thing occurs.

Can anyone decipher what the error screen is saying and offer a solution.

Thanks.

Peter

Pancake
28-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Go to Control Panel,Systems and then under the Avanced tab make sure that in System Failer that you only have Automatic Restart ticked and the other two unticked.Then try your driver install again.

chiefnz
28-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Hmm, I'd remove all non -essential add-on cards, sound, tv tuner etc and just install Windows running the bare essentials... graphics card etc. Then install the motherboard drivers. If all goes well add your other cards one by one.

With any luck you will most likely be able to trace the guilty party from the hardware.

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
28-07-2007, 02:47 PM
It looks like that file on the bottom si3112r.sys maybe the main prob.

Which belongs to sata drivers.

Did u install sata drivers when u installed XP?

Did the install need the sata drivers on a floppy?

Are you using SATA hdd's??

metatter
28-07-2007, 02:56 PM
It looks like that file on the bottom si3112r.sys maybe the main prob.

Which belong to sata drivers.

Did u install sata drivers when u installed XP?

Did the install need the sata drivers on a floppy?

Are you using SATA hdd's??

I am using a SATA HDD, which was reformatted before installing XP. The SATA drivers are installed from a floppy and with just these installed, I don't have a problem, until the other drivers are installed.

I have reinstalled XP at least 10 times using the same method (I try different programs regularly and don't trust uninstall methods to get rid of everything, that's why I nuke a lot).

In fact, I am reinstalling XP after evaluating Vista, surely that wouldn't leave anything behind after a full reformat?

Thanks - Peter

metatter
28-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Go to Control Panel,Systems and then under the Avanced tab make sure that in System Failer that you only have Automatic Restart ticked and the other two unticked.Then try your driver install again.

Tried this, all that happens now is that it restarts without giving me the Blue Screen.

Thanks - Peter

Speedy Gonzales
28-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Looks like thats a common prob (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=PUw&q=si3112r.sys+0x000000d1&btnG=Search&meta=) with that file and Nforce2 drivers.

There arent any Norton / Symantec programs installed is there??

metatter
28-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks like thats a common prob (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=PUw&q=si3112r.sys+0x000000d1&btnG=Search&meta=) with that file and Nforce2 drivers.

There arent any Norton / Symantec programs installed is there??

I have had a look at these, and have obtained updated updated SATA drivers from Silicon Image W/Site and will try out.

Still not convinced its a Sata driver problem though as there is not problem with the old driver loaded. Its when other drivers are loaded so it must be a conflict with the SATA drv rather that the driver itself.

That make any sense?

Peter

metatter
28-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Obviously there WAS a problem with the SATA driver, not by itself but in conflict with the Ethernet driver.

I had narrowed it down to this conflict, updated the SATA driver, reinstalled the Ethernet driver and, Bingo!, all working fine now.

Still very perplexed, all the drivers were working in sync previously.

Damn computers :waughh::waughh::waughh:

Thanks all, especially you Speedy.

Cheers - Peter

Speedy Gonzales
28-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Good to hear its working properly now!