PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from XP Home to XP Pro

chiefnz
25-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Hi guys,

Currently using XP Home with SP2, I want to upgrade to XP Pro but really don't feel like re-installing all my other software as well.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how well a straight upgrade install from XP Home to XP Pro would go.

If all else fails I'll do a clean install but my preference is not to do this if I can avoid it.

Cheers

Renmoo
25-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey chiefnz. Any particular reason why do you wish to upgrade from XP Home to Pro, considering that there are not much differences between them in terms of features?

Also, correct me if I am wrong: An Operating System is the platform where programs are installed and run. You can't replace an oil rig without first asking the workers to clear away. Using this analogy, I suspect there is no shortcut in upgrading from XP Home to Pro without reinstalling the programs.

Cheers :)

beeswax34
25-07-2007, 02:33 AM
So what about say, Vista HB -> Vista HP -> Vista Ultimate???

winmacguy
25-07-2007, 06:49 AM
That is not an upgrade, more of a case of getting all the features that should have been in there from the start.

johcar
25-07-2007, 08:27 AM
That is not an upgrade, more of a case of getting all the features that should have been in there from the start.:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: