PDA

View Full Version : no matter what i do flash player doesnt get installed.

gum digger
24-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi
I have been trying to install flash player for a while now, i ve tried everything from reinstalling IE7 and reinstalling AntiVirus.
I currently have nod32 and no firewall.
when i go to adobe page to download the player it starts but after few secs takes me back to the installation page.

feersumendjinn
24-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Perhaps you need XP service pack 2, and/or other windows updates before you can install (especially the current Windows Installer version, is up to 3.1 I think (noticed you had SP1a in your computer specs)). :)

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Did it say it was blocking activex in the info bar near the menu??

Thats what it said, after I formatted the other PC here. And this has SP2 on it.

Its on the site not a file u download. Altho I think there is an activex install somewhere.

Get it here instead (http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/)

Scan it first, I downloaded something from here before it had a virus in it.

gum digger
25-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Sorry that signature is to be updated, but i already have sp2 installed
speedy..i have used the activex install but it still gives me the same error at youtube "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. "

i checked to see if javascript but its enabled.

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Is Sun Java installed then?

How many entries of Flash are in Add/remove programs??

If theres more than 1 besides the link I gave, uninstall the other versions. Close the browser.

Click on the entries saying Adobe flash player activex. (where it says click here for support information).

If it doesnt say 9.0.47.0, uninstall it. Then open the browser again.

gum digger
25-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Is Sun Java installed then?

How many entries of Flash are in Add/remove programs??

If theres more than 1 besides the link I gave, uninstall the other versions. Close the browser.

Click on the entries saying Adobe flash player activex. (where it says click here for support information).

If it doesnt say 9.0.47.0, uninstall it. Then open the browser again.

hi
yeh i have java installed and and there was only 1 entry which was 9.0.47.0 which i removed now what? install again? should i do it by installing off web or install the .exe

Speedy Gonzales
25-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Cant think of anything else, the only other thing is the site itself is screwed.

You could try getting it from the Adobe site but then you'll have to find out how to fix it if its blocking activex.

Or send Adobe an email, tell them to fix it.

zqwerty
25-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Try it from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_IE_AOL_d5163.html

worked for me.

gum digger
25-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Try it from here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_IE_AOL_d5163.html

worked for me.
I removed the first one and tried to install this but it says adobe flash player 9failed to install.

Burnzee
25-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Gumdigger

You must first remove all traces of previous attempts of installing the Adobe Flash Player before reinstallation.

Download the uninstaller from HERE (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=2).

BURNZEE

BORN TO FISH, FORCED TO WORK!!

gum digger
26-07-2007, 07:36 PM
i did the uninstalling, the problem only seems to be appearing in IE. I have wonderfull firefox which works, bt its IE which acts like its not installed.the activex doesnt even have a entry in manage addons in internet explorer.
now i uninstalled IE7 working on 6 stil the problem is there.

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2007, 07:49 PM
So what happened, after u used that uninstaller, reinstalled that activex install, then right mouse on a flash ad?? Clicked on about in IE?

Did it take you to the Adobe site and say it was installed successfully?

Did u close IE after u installed that ActiveX file then try again?

Thats what I had to do with these 2. Everytime I went to install it from the site, it did what u said, went round in circles and said IE was blocking activex.

So, in the end I used that uninstaller, reinstalled that ActiveX file, went to Ihug's homepage clicked on the flash ad / about, and it took me to the Adobe site and it said Adobe player is installed.

The options for Activex (to disable/enable), will be under security in Tools/internet options, its not an addon.

Altho I dont know why I installed flash in the first place, I dont go to any sites that use it.

Burnzee
27-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi Gumdigger

Just a thought. If you used the uninstaller I gave you the link to, (THAT UNINSTALLER), did you close all the IE windows before using it? The uninstaller can not remove files in use.

Go HERE (http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/) and put TROUBLE INSTALLING into search box for further ideas. On this page too is a forum where you can get Flash Player support. Suggest you use it.

BURNZEE

KIWI'S - ON TOP, DOWN UNDER!!