PDA

View Full Version : What is the most efficent/elegant coded PC Game of Recent times?

bluesky787
23-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi all,

I am building a new PC and want to know what is the most efficiently coded/ fastests/ elegant PC game of recent times or soon due to release??

Max Payne 2 is one example, it was state of the art at its time and YET
also very efficient, the game ran like it was programmed totally in ASSEMBLY language if you know what I mean. There are plenty of 1st person shooters that came AFTER it with WORSE graphics, WORSE gameplay, and yet MUCH SLOWER framerates...

Quake III and UT engine are both pretty good at its prime...

Can anyone name a new title for PC game that is either out or soon to be out that is BOTH a FUN, IMMERSIVE, ENTERTAINING PC GAME (3d game)
and yet efficently and elegantly coded??

Here is an perfect counter example: FSX (Flight Simulator X) has very good graphics, but its SO SO SLOW that it runs like 0.001 Slides per hour and its so inefficent and so retardedly coded that a Star Trek quantum computer wouldn't be able to run it well. So FSX is an example of how NOT to program a game...

Please someone give me titles to EFFICENTLY coded PC games that also take full advantage of latests GPU's (I'm not getting Vista, so Crysis is out of the question... as are other DX10 games..)

Thanks!

look forward to advice on good games to get..

pctek
23-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Can anyone name a new title for PC game that is either out or soon to be out that is BOTH a FUN, IMMERSIVE, ENTERTAINING PC GAME (3d game)
and yet efficently and elegantly coded??

Here is an perfect counter example: FSX (Flight Simulator X) has very good graphics, but its SO SO SLOW that it runs like 0.001 Slides per hour and its so inefficent and so retardedly coded that a Star Trek quantum computer wouldn't be able to run it well.

FSX runs just fine if you have the hardware to run it properly.

Don't you know its games that drive the hardware industry? The minute there is new hardware the game developers can yet again push it to its limits, which causes new hardware to be developed which causes.....

As for elegant coding - how do you define that? You pulled the game apart to see what the code looks like?

Or are you just saying bug free?

Or just something that can run smoothly on whatever your system is?

Agent_24
23-07-2007, 01:40 PM
FSX doesn't run slow because it's coded badly, it's because it has a huge amount of resources to load and use, and most PCs don't have enough RAM.

Though if you want an awesome game, try Big Rigs: Over the road racing