PDA

View Full Version : Heat Pump

Kiwibird
22-07-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm a blogging virgin so will await with interest to see if anyone writes to me.
I'm thinking about putting in a heat pump and wonder if the outside unit can be installed in a slightly enclosed double carport. By slight enclosed I mean 3 walls are brick and only the entrance is open. So I guess it's a huge garage without doors.
I dislike the look of the outside units in a prominant position and inside this 'garage' there will be a back to back situation with the inside unit.
Am I making sense?:confused:

R2x1
22-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, if you are happy with the garage being cooled in the winter and heated in the summer, that is a start. You will probably need to consider some means of ensuring good air circulation in the garage in all wind conditions. If the garage is a dusty spot that could add a bit of maintenance.

somebody
22-07-2007, 09:16 AM
As long as there is adequate ventilation. The property I'm currently renting has a couple of the heatpump external units UNDER the house, because there is adequate ventilation. It is enclosed most sides, except for some large vents at the front and back walls.

Richard
22-07-2007, 11:07 AM
If the units are installed 'back to back' you could find noise is a problem. The ouside unit (the pump) would be better installed on the outside wall of the garage. Be guided by your installer, if reputable and experienced.

Cheers