PDA

View Full Version : Windows help!

JOEJG
19-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Right so 2 days ago I had to install Windows for no known reason. And now I've had to do it again, but luckily I lost nothing, unlike I did the first time.

My comp would reboot, come up with the Windows logo and then flash with a blue screen extrememly quickly, then restarts. So it's impossible to read to my skill. I even tried safe mode and last known config, but neither worked. I had no choice but to reinstall Windows. Whilst it was installing, the screen kept flashing on and off until it decided to stop. I guess it really was the gfx card.

Once it was done, I logged on and a message appeared say something similar:

''Computer restarted after an unexpected shutdown. Microsoft Windows detected a possible device failure.

The display driver for NVIDIIA GeForce 6600 GT seems to be responsible for ths system instability.''

I have now updated it, yet to reboot because I'm scared. Now that the computer is on, I want to do what I came online to do first.

Now I'm being hassled with a message like this, in a grey box, randomly every half a minute or less:

''Message from FROM to TO.
Stop! Windows requires immediate attention
Windows has found 55 critical system errors.
Visit www.helpfixpc.com''

Is it just targetting me or is it really that important? I've never done registry cleaning before and I have had my CPU for 6 years. The message varies within different links, randomly. Extremely annoying.

Edit: Atm it hasn't done within a minute or so.
Edit: And now it's just done it 3 times in a row!
Edit: Twice again. So annoyed!
Edit: Has not done it in 2 minutes now. Oh it just did!

beeswax34
20-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Get Hijackthis by searching from Google and run a scan and then copy and post the logfile here so Speedy can have a look and see if there are any infections/spyware etc.

JOEJG
20-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Okay, and I've mananged to get rid of the grey boxes, by going into the admin tools. But people still recommend me to install SP2, whatever that is.

Here it is:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:24:30 PM, on 7/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm11.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles\MSN6.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/iesearch/default.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] F:\Setup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STManager] "C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe" -b
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Wanadoo - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll/VSearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E8D8DD16-1C16-4B70-84E8-98C2BAEC0E74}: NameServer = 195.92.195.94 195.92.195.95
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe

SurferJoe46
20-07-2007, 03:45 AM
and this is ANOTHER case of getting killed by rogue malware by using an unpatched and non-secured pc on the web.

SP-1 is not enough..you gotta get SP-2! and do it immediately and well before before going online...get/buy/steal/borrow an SP-2 disc from somebody and don't rely upon the Windows site to get it to you fast enough either!

You could get it via a well-secured and running system as an .iso and just run it on the new install too.

You can also legally run a ripped version of SP-2; Windows even recommended making copies for everyone on your shopping list.

It was legal and licensed by M$ to do that for just the same reason as you are now experiencing..it HAS to be in XP for reasons that are oh-so too many to tell. They wanted to get it out to as many people as fast as they could.

It is a complete re-write of XP anyway and takes almost as long to install as XP does. Needless to say, you would not try to download XP either.

Put SP-2 in as early as you can..and 'way before any other updates and installations. It like to get in first and set up housekeeping before you garbage up the root drive with add-ons and such.

If you wait too long, it will likely die trying to get in a solid footing. Many people have had bad experiences with SP-2 for just that reason.

Some non-insightful persons actually blamed SP-2 for all their problems. The rest of the herd had them pushed off a cliff.

JOEJG
20-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Okay I'll get it as soon as I can. How much would it cost and will I have to completely reinstall Windows wiping everything off? This computer is 6 years old and I've never done this before as you can tell.

And what should I delete from the above list? This ''speedy'' you are referring to is Speedy Gonzales?

pctek
20-07-2007, 07:16 AM
and this is ANOTHER case of getting killed by rogue malware by using an unpatched and non-secured pc on the web.

SP-1 is not enough..you gotta get SP-2! and do it immediately and well before before going online...get/buy/steal/borrow an SP-2 disc from somebody and don't rely upon the Windows site to get it to you fast enough either!

Get real Surferjoe. I have not got SP2 and have never had SP2.
Nor do I have malware problems.

You're mad if you think Microsoft patches, updates or service packs have anything to do with protecting you from malware.
All SP2 has in it is a few IE tweaks.

This is dangerous advice to give someone. So they trot off and install SP2 and STILL get malware. Obviously.

He needs to install:

A 3rd party firewall such as ZOne Alarm or Commodo, and configure it correctly.

Antivirus

At least 2 anti-spyware programs such as Spybot, AdAware SE Personal or the stuff listed in Speedys signature.

I clean malware out of SP2 PCs all the time.

JOEJG
20-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry, but this isn't really helping. I'm getting mixed opinions.

I have Norton AntiVirus and AdAware SE Personal. I run full system scans weekly or less.

Speedy Gonzales
20-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Put hijackthis in its own folder, run it, then tick these entries then tick fix checked.

Close browser/s.

These arent nasty

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

This looks nasty

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] F:\Setup.exe (Do you know what this is)???

O8 - Extra context menu item: Search with Wanadoo - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll/VSearch.htm

Try Rogueremover in my sig below. Update it then click on scan.

Then reboot. See if that fixes things.

Morgenmuffel
20-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Can I ask a stupid question

The grey box that pops up is obviously winows messenger, did you follow the instructions it gave you about downloading some registry app, as the app could be less than kosher ie malware if they use such a dodgy form of marketing,

I am assuming this is the message you got (http://www.helpscreen.com.au/index.php?msgid=1788006693&cid=7)

you may also want to clear all your cookies etc if you haven't already

SP2 is Microsofts service pack 2, basically a big bug patch/update, by the sounds of it you have service pack one installed, it's up to you if you want it installed, it is free and was on many cover CDs, and i think can still be downloaded from Microsofts site it is big though if you are on dial up

Morgenmuffel
20-07-2007, 09:56 AM
This looks nasty

That will be Joes ISPs searchbar

I think that is the old wanadoo searchbar like the msn or google bar, you may want to get the newer version of it as wanadoo is now called Orange and is europes biggest ISP

http://www.orange.co.uk/

Speedy Gonzales
20-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I would get this (http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/MessengerDisable.zip)

From here (http://www.dougknox.com/)

Unzip it then run it, then select uninstall windows messenger.

And it'll remove Windows Messenger completely.

pctek
20-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I have AdAware SE Personal. I run full system scans weekly or less.

Thats good but you should run more than just that one.
Spybot is a good one to pair it with.
And follow Speedys instructions too - he's the Hijackthis guru here.

FoxyMX
20-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Okay I'll get it as soon as I can. How much would it cost and will I have to completely reinstall Windows wiping everything off?

If you are referring to Service Pack 2 then it doesn't cost anything to download. The easiest way to install it and update your computer to the latest patches is to download and install Autopatcher (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4901).

SurferJoe46
20-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Get real Surferjoe. I have not got SP2 and have never had SP2.
Nor do I have malware problems.

You're mad if you think Microsoft patches, updates or service packs have anything to do with protecting you from malware.
All SP2 has in it is a few IE tweaks.

This is dangerous advice to give someone. So they trot off and install SP2 and STILL get malware. Obviously.

He needs to install:

A 3rd party firewall such as ZOne Alarm or Commodo, and configure it correctly.

Antivirus

At least 2 anti-spyware programs such as Spybot, AdAware SE Personal or the stuff listed in Speedys signature.

I clean malware out of SP2 PCs all the time.

Sure, then tell the guy to use Internet Explorer too without SP-2...YOU get away with it, but this isn't about YOU...

It's some poor schmuck who thinks he's protected with Norton and one anti-program who needs a fighting chance to survive online and YOU'RE just not being fair to people by popping off at me with YOUR experiences.... I know YOU dislike me and wish I'd drop dead anyway.

While I admire YOUR ability to NOT get infected, it isn't the real world to people who DON'T KNOW how to be safe.

An unprotected system is not as safe as a protected one. I know YOU hate M$ about as much as YOU hate me (and I even pull their tail all the time), but SP-2 is better than sliced bread and a lot less expensive..read: free!

IMO....as for updates and hotfixes and upgrades, well be your own guide...but at least start with SP-2.

And, sir...neither YOU nor I can keep anyone safe from their own bad habits either. YOU'RE right that even with all the bells and whistles, there's gonna be problems...and then YOU can jump in and look all smug and say: "I told ya so"...you just don't get it do YOU?

JOEJG...you can chose to listen to all or none..but I defer to Sir Speedy.....at least he's trying to help clean your system up. Him I trust, and you will too if you stay here long enough.

For my part and after you get all cleaned up...you may do as you see fit.

JOEJG
20-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Okay I'll get on it right away. Now I seem to have gotten another message, again:

''Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecogized versions.''

I've got that about 4 times now, but it seems to have dissapeared. I don't know if that is good or bad to be honest. My Norton is on but I doubt that deals with the problem?

I found the link at Microsofts site, but I really need someone who can give me a solution and a dummies guide.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193

But before I clean up those unwanted with Hijackthis, should I delete that searchbar you've quoted, Nigel? I really don't want to take risks. I've had bad things happen before.

''O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] F:\Setup.exe (Do you know what this is)???''

I think that's my Hewlett Packard printer setup.

Oh I've just realized my computer seems to have gotten rid of my old Windows Firewall and now I can't find it. Where's the best place to get it? That first repair reinstall seems to have taken away more than I expected.

I know about download.com but I wouldn't know the one to choose. And I've checked the WindowsUpdate site, but can't seem to find one.

JOEJG
21-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Sorry about the double post but the edit button seems to have dissapeared. :S

1 last kind of off topic thing to ask of you guys, since you've been the best help.

So after loosing every program in the first repair, I lost my Sound Blaster Audigy 2. In other words, I have no sound now. And the problem is the disc I have is now 4 years old and damaged, it refuses to load. Now yesterday I took it with me to get it repaired but he warned me of the scratch remover not being effective once I'd payed. As the disc had managed to make holes visible from another side.

Now after using ''Search'' I found the program stored, so it must of hidden itself. Whenever I click on the boot up, the main menu appears, but then vanishes within an instant.

This is the pic: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/LittleDragonZhaoYun/SoundBlasterCreative.png

I'm guessing it's because the disc isn't in the drive? So my question is, is there any way of coming up with an ingenious method of making it work? Or are there any free sound cards out there?

Speedy Gonzales
21-07-2007, 05:43 AM
''O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] F:\Setup.exe (Do you know what this is)???''

I think that's my Hewlett Packard printer setup.

Ok if you know what this is and what it does, it should be fine. Whats F??

A hard drive I take it?? Its just funny thats its a setup file, running on startup.

Has Windows firewall gone completely??

Try Comodo its in my sig below.

Better let me know if youre on a LAN first, you'll have to configure it so u can get on the Net (If you're not on the main PC).

That Windows protection thing you're seeing just means you've installed some file or files, that Windows doesnt know about, or trusts, and its asking if you want to replace them (with the original files, that are on the XP cd).

What are the names of the file/s it wants to replace??

Tell us what their names are, usually u can press cancel it goes no further and wont ask again!

For the soundcard, get the drivers from the Creative site, they'll be there somewhere.

Just look for Audigy 2.

Windowsupdate doesnt usually HAVE a firewall. DON'T update your system with drivers from the Windowsupdate site tho.

You've got a 99% chance of screwing every driver up, (none of them will work), if u download any drivers from the Windowsupdate site.

Look in device manager, whats it say under sounds, video and game controllers. No mention of the soundcard drivers here either? No X's, or !'s??

JOEJG
21-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Windows Firewall has completely gone. Search can't even find it. Nor can I in the CP.

That message doesn't come up anymore. It did only about 4-5 times overall. I clicked the cross close up in the corner and selected ''yes''. So I don't know what to think about that now. I guess that's not good? I had read somewhere on Google you could get rid of the annoyance by using ''Delete Files'' in Internet Options. And it hasn't been bothering me since.

In the device manager I have 4 question marks displayed like this:

? Other devices
? Multimedia Audio Controller
? PCI Input Device
? PCI Simple Communicators

My Sound, Video and Game Controller have no question marks or exclamation marks. And neither does anything else.

Speedy Gonzales
21-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Is this Audigy soundcard another soundcard??

Its not the onboard soundcard is it?

If you're using a soundcard, apart from the onboard one, disable the onboard one in the BIOS.

The last one sounds like a modem. If you want to use this modem, whats the brand/model of this modem?

It looks like you need the drivers for the devices you posted, theyre not installed.

JOEJG
22-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Is this Audigy soundcard another soundcard??

Its not the onboard soundcard is it?

If you're using a soundcard, apart from the onboard one, disable the onboard one in the BIOS.

The last one sounds like a modem. If you want to use this modem, whats the brand/model of this modem?

It looks like you need the drivers for the devices you posted, theyre not installed.
It's not an onboard one, no. I purchased it myself individually. I'll try and disable it in the BIOS then. But I don't know what would happen because I have no volume on or available at all.

My modem is a SpeedTouch ADSL modem(1.1mbps). And what and where would I get those drivers from? I don't even know what they are.

Speedy Gonzales
22-07-2007, 06:13 AM
It's not an onboard one, no. I purchased it myself individually. I'll try and disable it in the BIOS then. But I don't know what would happen because I have no volume on or available at all.

You have to disable the onboard in the BIOS, as that and the Audigy may conflict. Is the Audigy one of these (http://www.soundblaster.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1&subcategory=205)

Or have a look here (http://www.creative.com/welcome.asp)

Didnt the Audigy 2 come with a cd with drivers on it?

You wont have sound or volume, UNTIL you install drivers.

My modem is a SpeedTouch ADSL modem(1.1mbps). And what and where would I get those drivers from? I don't even know what they are.

Did you get this from somewhere like Dick Smith?? If u did do a search for it, see if the drivers are there. And this modem is PCI is it??

If this isnt going/working how are u getting on the net?? What are you using?

SurferJoe46
22-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Instead of DISABLE, try to remove the driver and reboot and see what Windows does about it.

It MIGHT make it work then.

I'd also look for conflicts too..I've had the wrong interrupts tie up the sound card with the modem in an installation or two in the past.

This seems to be a dial-up problem so far in my experience, but it MIGHT also be a screw-up that can happen on DSL too.

JOEJG
22-07-2007, 11:24 PM
You have to disable the onboard in the BIOS, as that and the Audigy may conflict. Is the Audigy one of these (http://www.soundblaster.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1&subcategory=205)

Or have a look here (http://www.creative.com/welcome.asp)

Didnt the Audigy 2 come with a cd with drivers on it?

You wont have sound or volume, UNTIL you install drivers.

Did you get this from somewhere like Dick Smith?? If u did do a search for it, see if the drivers are there. And this modem is PCI is it??

If this isnt going/working how are u getting on the net?? What are you using?
I got the disc with the soundcard, but like I've said it's badly damaged and unuseable. Which is why I need a miracle! Or a driver! I have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 24.bit Advanced HD 192kHz/106dB SNR, disc. I don't know if this have anything to do with it, but to add to my list of recent problems, whenever I receive any warning messages such as when you delete cookies ,etc, or input wrong passwords on certain screens like on my MSN, my computer beeps. I've tried looking in the CP and in Sound but don't know where else to look? And above that, the 2nd repair I did messed up some key buttons such as the @ button, which is now Shift + 2, instead of Shift + @. I seem to be getting a bundle of minor problems at once.

I get on the Internet the same way as I ever have done. No problems there.

I've done another updated HijackThis. I haven't cleared the first ones you told me to yet because I am unsure on the HPSETUP and the Internet.

Do you notice any changes?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:52:36 PM, on 7/22/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnf.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm11.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 3 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/iesearch/default.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Wanadoo
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zzzHPSETUP] F:\Setup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb0 7.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hphmon04.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STManager] "C:\Program Files\SpeedTouch\Dr SpeedTouch\drst.exe" -b
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E8D8DD16-1C16-4B70-84E8-98C2BAEC0E74}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe

Instead of DISABLE, try to remove the driver and reboot and see what Windows does about it.

It MIGHT make it work then.

I'd also look for conflicts too..I've had the wrong interrupts tie up the sound card with the modem in an installation or two in the past.

This seems to be a dial-up problem so far in my experience, but it MIGHT also be a screw-up that can happen on DSL too.
I could try disabling it. But there seems to be no conflicts. In my sound card this is what it says: In properties. I'm guessing it's the inbuilt one?

ATAPI DVDROM 16X

Device type: DVD/CD ROM Drives
Manufacturer: Standard CD-ROM Drives
Location 0 [0]

This device is working properly.

JOEJG
24-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Bump.

SurferJoe46
25-07-2007, 02:05 AM
I could try disabling it. But there seems to be no conflicts. In my sound card this is what it says: In properties. I'm guessing it's the inbuilt one?

ATAPI DVDROM 16X

Device type: DVD/CD ROM Drives
Manufacturer: Standard CD-ROM Drives
Location 0 [0]

This device is working properly.

I DO believe that's a cd-rom drive

JOEJG
25-07-2007, 02:10 AM
I DO believe that's a cd-rom drive
So, guessing that's bad news?

SurferJoe46
25-07-2007, 04:48 AM
So, guessing that's bad news?

Not really, but if I read your post correctly, you identified it as a sound card...that's all.