View Full Version : How enter graphics into Word text?

17-07-2007, 01:42 PM
In the process of revising a seniors training manual in Word how do you input the graphics of the ENTER, SHIFT etc keys in a line of text?
Many thanks

17-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Do you mean how to insert a picture or graphic like this (http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/305819/2/istockphoto_305819_enter_key.jpg) (just an example) into a Word document?:cool:

17-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks - not as fancy as that - just a line type drawing that fits into the text line.
Bet it was colder here!

17-07-2007, 02:35 PM
:lol: Your probably right.:cool:

To insert anything into a Word doc, simply go insert<picture<from file (or clipart, autoshape, whatever), browse to the file, and hit insert. (might be slightly different depending on what version of word your using)

To make the picture easier to move, and to fit the text around it, you'll want to change the text wrap settings so the picture is either 'tight' or 'behind text'.

17-07-2007, 02:38 PM
See if there's something useful in the character map. (should be found somewhere inside "Accessories" in the start menu)

17-07-2007, 02:39 PM
no need for graphics

do this stuff then press [Ctrl][C] to copy or press [Enter]

17-07-2007, 02:42 PM
This any help? (http://www.bristol.ac.uk/is/learning/documentation/keyboard-r1/keyboard-r1.gif) Any basic image editing software can crop that down so you can select individual keys...

17-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys - had a look at all that - heaps of symbols but no key board ones - there must be an easier way than having to insert a mini picture each time?

Graham L
17-07-2007, 02:52 PM
There are actual fonts made up of keytop images. This font (www.byte-sized.com/software/keyboard/download.htm) might be free ... I found this link, and many others, with "keyboard font" to Google.