PDA

View Full Version : yeah were back......

tweak'e
12-07-2007, 10:53 AM
just a quick word.......

power is back on here tho its still off in many places.

a lot of trees have been blown over. even those that are 75-100 years old and have stood through many cyclones have come down. the chainsaw is getting a hiding :D . they have brought in heavy machinery for some.

neighbours dog almost got flattened by a tree, also one tree landed on one of the (big) chook houses. poly houses are gone.

just off to help with the neighbours cut the fences clear. there is barely a fence that hasn't damaged. keeping stock in is a challenge.

neighbour recorded 7" of rain over the night !

thoughts are with those up north further who are suffering yet another 100year flood. :(

Sue
12-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Glad you are OK, still no power here in Tauranga Bay (nearest town is flooded out Kaeo) but at least the sun is shining and the flood waters here ran into the sea.
Not sure if the roads are open yet, a couple of 4 wheeled drive cars are out checking.
Vodafone access down to one bar which makes for slow internet and hopeless calls. At least it's sort of working. There's No Telecom mobile access here.
Gas, Petrol generator, solar panels, large house batteries and 12volt adapters ...... Our Motorhome is a good option for retirement.
Hoping that everyone affected gets their lives back on track soon.

Greg
12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the updates. Keep safe.

lazydog
12-07-2007, 02:01 PM
We just got the power and broadband back on this morning but still no phone yet. Rang up telecom and theyre giving me a free months rental for all the pain and suffering i've been through in the last 48hrs :D

CYaBro
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
My wife's parents, who live about 15 minutes west of Whangarei still have no power or phone.
They have been told to not expect either before the weekend!
They have been coming to our place to shower.

roddy_boy
12-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah my Aunty lives out at Oceans Beach, still no power out there either.

My flatmate is coming down from Russel today, will be interesting to hear if it was bad out that way again. Old Russel Road is still closed to heavy traffic from the floods in March.

tweak'e
12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
thank guys good to hear your all still kicking ;)

we have to go up to Whangarei to check on stock. fortunatly allready moved out those that nearly got washed away in the last flood.

i guess we will wait a bit till the roads are all clear.

roddy_boy
12-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Where abouts are you tweak'e?