PDA

View Full Version : PS3 - Your thoughts.

EvilWalksWithMe
09-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi all.

I splashed out and purchased a Playstation 3 on Saturady with all the trimmings. After a couple of days use I just don't rate it as anything special next to my Xbox360 (with HD-DVD).

Is it just me? Or does the PS3 just not live up to the hype?

Speedy Gonzales
09-07-2007, 08:09 AM
I would have gone for the Wii myself.

Or waited for this (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10450273)

If all you brought it for, was for the Blu-ray.

EvilWalksWithMe
09-07-2007, 08:15 AM
I would have gone for the Wii myself.

Or waited for this (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10450273)

If all you brought it for, was for the Blu-ray.

I actually purchased it more for the gaming than anything else. But in general it's just been a let down. Xbox360 just has too much on it for me (i love online gaming) But I also appreciate HD movies.

I also intend to get a Wii closer to Christmas. My Fiance would appreciate that one more than the others. However, she racks up the hours on Viva Pinata :)

pctek
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I think it depends on what games appeal the most.

MAC_H8ER
09-07-2007, 08:50 AM
you could buy a PS3 - or you could do the cheap bast**d thing and do what i did

if you have trouble playing a game on the Pc cause the keyboard does not suit the game (racing games e.c.t) - i bought a $8 USB to PS2 Controller adapter - plug it in with the controller and set up the buttons in the game - all done!

its so much better than using a keyboard and costs very little

:D

beeswax34
09-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Well in the end its a very expensive Blu-Ray player. I want to get a 360 just so that I can play online and have good media transfer capabilities. And its cheaper too:D

Hitech
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
To me the ps3 is highly overrated the 360 does a better job at half the price and their is stuff all difference between blu ray and HD DVD they both share the same clarity of picture, Some would argue that but i have seen them both side by side and its very hard to tell which is clearer.

EvilWalksWithMe
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
To me the ps3 is highly overrated the 360 does a better job at half the price and their is stuff all difference between blu ray and HD DVD they both share the same clarity of picture, Some would argue that but i have seen them both side by side and its very hard to tell which is clearer.

I agree. I think both look pretty much the same. However, there are titles that are currently only on one format... so i 'need' both :P

autechre
10-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Well in the end its a very expensive Blu-Ray player. I want to get a 360 just so that I can play online and have good media transfer capabilities. And its cheaper too:D

Uhm... actually the PS3 is a fairly cheap Blu-Ray player. At least compared to any standalone players or PC drives.

beeswax34
10-07-2007, 12:35 PM
It's cheaper after the $100 price drop and then you still need to buy the BR remote and other peripherals.

BTW, Walmart will give you a free BR remote if you buy now:D