PDA

View Full Version : AVG Email Scanner

rocky138
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Is anyone having a problem with the AVG Email scanner.
I have 2 systems running Vista HP & each time they are booted the AVG taskbar icon greys out after a couple of mins. The Email scanner then has to be manually activated.
Had this once before on XP but after a few updates it came right.
Had this current prob for about a week now.

beeswax34
07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
No, my AVG on Vista HP is running fine. Perhaps just a simple re-install is needed.

rocky138
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks, I was going to try that on one system if no one came with a solution.
Strange 2 different systems would have the same problem though.
Maybe it's an operator induced error.

dugimodo
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
mines been doing that as well, although I don't always notice.

It was greyed out when I read this thread though :o

rocky138
08-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Ive reinstalled the latest version on 1 of my systems.
I'll see what it does when I boot up tomorrow.
Over & out.

rocky138
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Yep that seems to have fixed it.

linw
09-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Yep, mine is doing this, now, too. Bit of a PITA.

alopes
09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi Rocky138,

I have Windows Vista installed on my desktop. This desktop has been setup for safety reasons as ADMINI & USER. Now under the ADMIN login I used to have the same problem that you are having. But under the USER login AVG works perfectly fine.

This is my observation that under the ADMINI login I was having the same problem as you are. But under the USER login AVG works perfectly fine. The reason being I have my MS Outlook setup under the USER Login and not the ADMIN. So all I have done is under the ADMIN I have disabled the email option in AVG.

Hope that this will sort out your problem. Let me know if it works

Alopes

rocky138
09-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Rocky138,

I have Windows Vista installed on my desktop. This desktop has been setup for safety reasons as ADMINI & USER. Now under the ADMIN login I used to have the same problem that you are having. But under the USER login AVG works perfectly fine.

This is my observation that under the ADMINI login I was having the same problem as you are. But under the USER login AVG works perfectly fine. The reason being I have my MS Outlook setup under the USER Login and not the ADMIN. So all I have done is under the ADMIN I have disabled the email option in AVG.

Hope that this will sort out your problem. Let me know if it works

Alopes

Ok thanks for that, but after re-installing avg on both of my systems the problem is no longer there.

beeswax34
09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Good to see you got it sorted :thumbs: