PDA

View Full Version : Java problem

Lovelee
06-07-2007, 10:26 PM
If Im playing a java game .. or doing something that needs java I get this error ..

Several Java virtual machines running in the same process caused an error.

Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it .. and its still giving the same message.

:help:

Speedy Gonzales
06-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Double post

Speedy Gonzales
06-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Is there more than one version of Java installed??

Uninstall ALL of them. Sun Java has now been updated to 6 update 2.

Have a read of some of these (http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Several+Java+virtual+machines+running+in+ the+same+process+caused+an+error.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

smithie 38
07-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Speedy

Can you clarify the situation for a dummy like me. When I go to Add/Remove I have listed -

(1) J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 with separate entries listed showing updates 4,6,9,10,and 11 installed.

(2) Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 with separate entries listed showing updates 1 and 2 installed

Can I now delete from Add/Remove all those entries pertaining to v5.0 and if so thats all I need to delete, there will be nothing elsewhere requiring deletion??

Thanks
Smithie

FoxyMX
07-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Smithie: Leave those entries for now but next time you update Java it will be a good idea to uninstall ALL of those entries first. Follow these steps to remove the older version Java components:

1. Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser

2. Go to Control Panel

3. Open Add or Remove Programs

4. Click once on any item listing Java Runtime Environment in the name
* Not every version of Java will begin with "Java" so be sure to read each entry in the list

5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button

6. Follow steps 4 and 5 as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java. ** If you are asked to reboot at any point during the uninstallations, please do so. Then go back to Add/Remove and continue with the removals.

7. Next, navigate to and delete:
C:\Program Files\Java <<<<<<this folder if found

8. Reboot your PC once all Java components have been removed.

9. Proceed with reinstalling Java by going to this site (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp) and downloading the latest version. Save it, do not run it.

When the download is complete, close the browser and install it.

Note: Your Java may be set to automatically update. If it is, it would be a good idea to disable this so that you can perform the clean out as above.

smithie 38
07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks FoxyMX for your reply. Much appreciated.

Boy you make it easy for dummies like me to carry out what is necessary, and I will follow your instructions at the next update.

Cheers Smithie