PDA

View Full Version : Firefox help please...

Mantis
04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
I have been happily running Firefox 2.0.0.4 but today when downloading a file I think I selected to open it instead of saving it to disk...

I also think that the 'remember this setting' check box was selected and now everytime I download a file, it says in the download window....

You have chosen to open .... "whatever file I am downloading"....

and then it gives me the option to save it.....

Now I'm trying to restore the option so it asks me whether or not I want to open or save the download.... but for the life of me I can't find the option and after a good google and a look throught the knowledge base I still can't find how to turn or reset this option....

Anyone have any ideas???

Many thanks.

M.

winmacguy
04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
So what do you want FF to do with the file being downloaded?
You would be looking under FF>prefs>main

Mantis
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
I just want Firefox to give me the option first whether I want to save the download or open it...

The options under tools/options/main/download don't seem to effect this...

Or not that I can find...

M.

Jen
05-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Under the Download section, have a look under "Download Actions" > View & Edit Actions.

ronyville
05-07-2007, 07:06 AM
The options under tools/options/main/download don't seem to effect this...
M.

Thats the only option I can see also, If nothing else works than try reinstalling it. Have you restarted your pc after you changed the setttings back to it original settings. I dont think restarting the pc has anything to do with FF settings but its worth a try I guess.