PDA

View Full Version : outlook express

03-03-2001, 05:59 PM
'outlook xpress cannot be loaded because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded'.... MSOE.DLL is in the the outlook express folder(1.11 mb) why the problem? . Bob

04-03-2001, 04:35 PM
Had same problem recently. Helpdesk at Xtra sent me a CD and talked me through installing it. Still had problem. Long and short of it I finished up leaving out the CD and just reinstalled OE and all has been well, even got the spell check back. Don`t know if this is of any use. Good luck, Iris

05-03-2001, 07:27 AM
I am running Win.ME which I have run over the top again but still no joy....getting desperate..Bob

05-03-2001, 03:35 PM
Hi again. Still coming to terms with Windows 98 2nd Ed. ME is a closed book to me. However the guys at xtra got me to go to start-control panel- Add/Remove click onto Explorer 5.5 and tools and run the repair part. That didn`t help and in the finish I went down to OE and clicked the box and re-installed Did get a reply to my posting on this page and got directed to a site called Inside Outlook Express 5 maintenance, files etc which seemed to have a lot of answers to dll problems. Will have to go back and find the exact address but what I have typed is what comes up on my favourites programme. Will check back later and see if you need the address. Iris

05-03-2001, 11:48 PM
I used to have problems with outlook express, but a few years ago I found the best way to fix it so I'd never have problems with it ever again. I downloaded EUDORA!!

eebee
23-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Please tell us what Eudora is like and how it compares with OE.

Jim B
23-11-2002, 06:39 PM
If you can't open OE at all, you can do a find on "Rules" in the registry, and delete them there.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules

If no joy, you may need to create a new identity in Outlook Express. Also, make sure you have background compaction turned OFF at OE tools, options, maintenance. Background compaction is known to case database problems such as can cause MSOE problems.

tweak\'e
23-11-2002, 06:42 PM
>Please tell us what Eudora is like and how it compares with OE.

A whole lot better ;-) Try it a see!

Jim B
23-11-2002, 07:00 PM
For OE Win Me

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Click Add/Remove Programs, click the Windows Setup tab, and then click to select the Address Book check box.
Click OK, and then click Yes to restart the computer.
Start Outlook Express.

eebee
23-11-2002, 07:47 PM
After a lot of wasted time I finally solved the 'MSOE.dll cannot be loaded' problem. I downloaded IE again, from the Microsoft site, and then chose 'custom install'. On the custom install menu choose only 'Outlook Express'. This reinstalled OE with no further problems.

Will look into Eudora but it would b e nice to read a comparison of features. Anyone know where one is?

merlin-nz
23-11-2002, 08:08 PM
<Please tell us what Eudora is like and how it compares with OE.>

Trying to find the words, well its a bit like driving a rolls royce then driving a model t ford ( not knocking ford), Eudora is the rolls royce.

cheers merlin-nz ;-)

eebee
23-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Does Eudora support HTML?

tweak\'e
23-11-2002, 09:05 PM
yes it supports HTML. you can use microsoft veiwer or its own internal one.

i can't stand bloated HTML emails.

tweak\'e
23-11-2002, 09:10 PM
http://www.eudora.com/email/features/index.html