PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Easy Share disk

Alamein
01-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi
Have a very interesting XP system start up of New CD disk for my new camera Kodak Easy Share

When disk is installed and starts the language automatically selected is Chinese characters,not English Many other languages can be used Deutsch, Francais etc

Have started up this disk in another computer and English is listed to install Easy Share
Have looked at the Cd from My computer to see if I am able to select English text but it is all in chinese

Have installed Microsoft Global IME in the past to assist with Chinese language learning
but Kodak Easy Share disk should be able to install in English

Any help appreciated

JackStraw
01-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I would advise you not to install it at all. The Kodak "EasyShare" system is not just a piece of C**P but is a system hog and will take over all kinds of stuff. For basic use I would recommend the Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard. Others may have suggestions of better software but the windows option is simple and straight forward. The Kodak stuff.well I say leave it on the disk and thank your lucky stars it was in Chinese. Once installed it is a Bugger to get rid of.

SurferJoe46
01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I have the Kodak "EasyShare" C-653, and I didn't even install the CD from Kodak..

I use Picasa II for all my photo handling....

Alamein
01-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your reply
Have solved the XP chinese Language problem with setup of Easy Share Disk
I removed all reference to chinese in Control panel Language tab
So now installed in English
Alamein

JackStraw
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks
So now installed in English
Alamein

Sometimes I wonder why we bother, eh Joe. ??????:confused: ???????

SurferJoe46
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Sometimes I wonder why we bother, eh Joe. ??????:confused: ???????

Well...it's a living