PDA

View Full Version : Im so confused!

Beezleboss
30-06-2007, 07:27 PM
hey guys i was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me figure out what monitor to get as i have been having a really hard time understanding all the jibba jabba
aka CRT vs LCD... whats best for gaming, watching dvds

i have a hard time leaving the house due to anxiety so i havent been into shops but from what i have read CRT monitors are the best for games... but i haven't really got a clue

i don't really want to pay more than $400

so if there's anyone who thinks they could help me out that would be greatly appreciated

pctek
30-06-2007, 07:40 PM
CRT is obsolete.

http://www.pricespy.co.nz/cat_5.html

beeswax34
30-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Get LCD, they are smaller and more energy efficient too. Ones with good response rates and vivid colours are pretty cheap so really no reason to get a CRT. Did mention LCD's also look quite good, especially the HP ones:D

For $400, you could easily get a good one, I paid around $290 for my 19inch widescreen. pricespy.co.nz would be your best bet to finding a good deal.

Rover
01-07-2007, 04:57 AM
LCD is much better then CRT!and you can buy a very good monitor for $400.Don't even think about CRT...for playing games and watching movies you need LCD.

mmmork
01-07-2007, 10:35 AM
It wasn't long ago that CRTs were better for games, despite being supposedly obselete. Nowadays I don't think LCDs are a prob.

The key is response time - in the specs you will see 8ms, or 12ms etc. Lower the better so there is no ghosting or shadowy movement on screen during a game or movie.

That's not the whole story, there's clarity and colour etc but who knows until you look. Plenty of good brands for under $400 for a 19".

Poppa John
01-07-2007, 01:38 PM
So am I , most of the time. I Put it down to Old Age tho. PJ :rolleyes: