PDA

View Full Version : Laptop password help

springa886
29-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey guys, I have another problem lol. I bougt a laptop off TradeMe and when it arrived I turned it on and it was password protected!! I can't even get into the "Setup" screen (the one where you push F8 or Del or something) because it asks for the password before i get a chance to push the button. The person that sold it to me hasn't replied to my e-mails about the password. Is there anyway I can format the drive thats in the laptop? I actually bought another one (Disk Drive) from TradeMe to replace the passworded one but im waiting on that to be delivered and thought i'd ask here if there was any way to format the one that came with the laptop. I've taken the passworded one out of the laptop to prepare for the new one, but if anyone has any ideas, ill chuck it back in and give it a go.
Cheers

pctek
30-06-2007, 07:10 AM
If the person who sold it you won't give you the password then take the laptop down to the local cop shop and report it as a stolen item.

chiefnz
30-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Damn straight, then email the TradeMe people and tel the about the person who sold you the laptop.

Cheers.