PDA

View Full Version : .Iso?

Superjaz
29-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi all - I have Microsoft Office packed into a 1.21GB ISO file - I know its a disk image file, but have no idea how to get it into discs or whatnot - any program and or ways in which to go about this?

cheers.

wratterus
29-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Office in an ISO file?? :groan: it's gotta be pirated, for sure.:(

Superjaz
29-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh really? the sucks! Well i still have alot of my music perofrmances which my friend gave me in an ISO format aswell - is it different for those files than office files?

cheers.

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Well u need some kind of program to burn it to a DVD.

And you need a DVD burner and a blank DVD.

wratterus
29-06-2007, 09:32 AM
It shouldn't be....where did you get M$ Office from? There are a bunch of programs that allow you to use an image after u burn it onto a dvd........

Superjaz
29-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Is it not possible to burn to ceveral CD's?

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Is it not possible to burn to ceveral CD's?

You could try but I doubt it would work.

Yo need a DVD burner. Altho we shouldnt be telling u how to do this, since it does sound like you're using pirated SW.

Read the rules.

CYaBro
29-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Mount the ISO with Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php)

Why does it mean he has a pirated copy?
I have all my software stored as ISOs on my NAS drive so I don't need to keep getting out the discs if required.

wratterus
29-06-2007, 10:57 AM

I have all my software stored as ISOs on my NAS drive so I don't need to keep getting out the discs if required.

If he had put it into a .iso file himself he would know how to use it, and he would have a dvd writer. In this case he knows/has neither.

DeSade
29-06-2007, 11:00 AM

If these are his files and he created his own ISO's then he would know how to use them.
Its obvious he got them elsewhere therefore they are not legal.
You have to hand over the discs if you sell a MS product so thats not going to fly as a arguement either.

*snap*
hehe I'm too slow :)

CYaBro
29-06-2007, 11:35 AM
If these are his files and he created his own ISO's then he would know how to use them.
Its obvious he got them elsewhere therefore they are not legal.
You have to hand over the discs if you sell a MS product so thats not going to fly as a arguement either.

*snap*
hehe I'm too slow :)

Not so.

With Office 2007 OEM versions the end user doesn't get discs any more.
They get what Microsoft call an MLK - Media Less Kit and all it is is a DVD case with a product key inside.
The OEM installs Office 2007 full version 90-day trial.
Then the end user enters the product key for the version they purchased and those programs become activated while the rest stay at a 90-day trial.

chiefnz
29-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Not so.

With Office 2007 OEM versions the end user doesn't get discs any more.
They get what Microsoft call an MLK - Media Less Kit and all it is is a DVD case with a product key inside.
The OEM installs Office 2007 full version 90-day trial.
Then the end user enters the product key for the version they purchased and those programs become activated while the rest stay at a 90-day trial.

Man that sucks big time... I assume you would have the original install files on a recovery partition somewhere then? I mean if your PC died that would be the only way to get the Office software installed again.

Cheers

CYaBro
29-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Man that sucks big time... I assume you would have the original install files on a recovery partition somewhere then? I mean if your PC died that would be the only way to get the Office software installed again.

Cheers

If you buy one of the new brand name PCs or laptops, that say they are Office 2007 Ready, then the Office 2007 files will be part of the recovery discs. (which you have to make yourself usually)
If it is a NZ built OEM PC then most likely the install files are not part of the recovery discs.
You do have the option of buying the media as well but of cause this costs extra!

DeSade
29-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Its still not a ISO, wouldn't this MLK have to be transfered in any sale?