PDA

View Full Version : DVD wont burn video files

borax
25-06-2007, 09:41 AM
I have a very annoying problem!! I have an LG DVD burner that i use regulary to burn video files (avi Divx mostly) and it used to work all the time (for over 3 years), now if i try to watch video from a burnt DVD the video stutters all the time, freezes and generally doesnt work, the source material is OK. The DVD burns other stuff (jpegs, documents) fine.
I have tried many things and still the problem persists. I have replaced the drive with a new LG H22N, i have replaced the IDE cable to the DVD. I have swapped the IDE channels over, the DVD is the only device on that particular channel, i have changed the jumpers around. I have 768Mb RAM on Windows XP with an AMD 2400+, i thought maybe it was running out of RAM so i created another profile that had nothing running but and used that profile to burn. I have updated the bios, used different types of discs (i used DSE -R and +R) -Rs used to work fine in the past. Im all out of ideas??

My machine is completley free of viruses and spyware

Speedy Gonzales
25-06-2007, 09:47 AM
And you're burning with what program?

borax
25-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Nero 6

Speedy Gonzales
25-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Could be the speed you burned it at??

I cant remember what was in Nero 6, I'm using Nero 7.

You dont want to use what u burned on a standalone DVD player do you?

You're playing it on the PC right?

As I dont think Nero 6 supports Divx to DVD (Nerovision does). Did u burn whatever as a data disk??

borax
25-06-2007, 10:16 AM
I have tried the lowest speed setting (2x) and no change.

Yes i do use the disks on a standalone player but the problem presents itself when played on my PC too. Nero 6 does burn DIVX files, i just burn them as a data disk.

The thing is, it always used to work doing it this way:confused:

wratterus
25-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Have you tried reinstalling nero? also did u install INCD with nero??

borax
25-06-2007, 10:46 AM
No, i havent tried reinstalling, will give that a go. No i havent ever installed InCD

wratterus
25-06-2007, 10:49 AM
No i havent ever installed InCD

Good on you!!!! INCD is the most evil bloated piece of crap (short of the full install of Nero 7) that nero has ever made. eviiiiilll. :badpc: :lol:

kennie
25-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Is the avi, divx only the new ones that are like that or are all the good ones doing the same? I had some avi or divx files that played fine on computer but as soon as I burn them to dvd they stutter. don't know why but if I re encoded the video with no sound and burn it to dvd then it would play just fine.

borax
25-06-2007, 11:14 PM
OK, so i have uninstalled and installed Nero 7, that didn't work, help

Term_X
25-06-2007, 11:46 PM
the stutter i believe is to do with some dvd players not being able to handle the bitrate from a burnt DVD. If youre using nero to convert/burn. I think theres a setting called "Half D1" which sets the bit rate at half the normal level (Full D1).