PDA

View Full Version : WMP Album Art Issue

EvilWalksWithMe
21-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi there...

I use WMP all the time, and have finally completed ripping my CD collection to mp3's for use on iPod and playback during xbox gaming.

Up until moments ago, WMP has always displayed the cover for the album in the top right corner. But now, it only does it for the first track I play, then after it goes to an icon of a white piece of paper with a folded corner and a blue arrow... even if it's just the next track from the the same album.

By the way, I'm using the version of WMP11 that is built into Windows Vista Ultimate.

Any ideas as to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

SurferJoe46
22-06-2007, 04:30 AM
I swear I gotta get that rubber stamp with why it isn't good to have WMP11.

It doesn't matter what the pro-people say about v 11, it has to be the worst thing since ME.

Buff_K
22-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Whats so bad with WMP 11? I actually really like it, think its pretty handy. I only use it for music (VLC for video) and its the first time i've reguarly used WMP as I've found the others awful.

What media player do you use?

Anyway, about the album art issue I'm not sure what the problem is. However with my WMP11 I have to manually add the album art as it does not always find it for some reason, so I just copy and paste it. Not sure if this helps you however.

winmacguy
22-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Whats so bad with WMP 11? I actually really like it, think its pretty handy. I only use it for music (VLC for video) and its the first time i've reguarly used WMP as I've found the others awful.

It's not so much the GUI that is an issue as this has gradually improved and become more clean and simplified much like iTunes, it is the default use of DRM that MS insists on using (you can turn it off if you know about it) that is rather unnecessary especially when WMP11 applies it to CDs that you have ripped as opposed to tracks that you have legally purchased from wma music stores.