PDA

View Full Version : Partitioning

02-03-2001, 10:41 AM
I am running Win98 I have just installed partition magic now I would like to install Linux I know how to make the partition but I can't work out how to install in the partition. Can you help me? Step by step if possible.
Thanks
Robbie

02-03-2001, 04:54 PM
Without trying to sound too unhelpful, have you read the Partition Magic User Guide?
It takes you step by step through the process of setting up bootable partitions to enable alternative operating systems to be used, including Linux!

02-03-2001, 05:44 PM
Terry,
Yes I have read the help several times which tells me to make the partition active and that is where I get lost I'm a bit slow at reading instructions and decifering what they are refering to.I also went to PM site but was unable to download the pdf file on how to install with Linux as the site is not working, I will try again later.
Thanks
Robbie

04-03-2001, 10:20 PM
YOu really need to do some reading before you get too far into things - ideally you need at least 3 partitions for Linux - /, home and swap. I think your question relates to labelling the partition you want to install in as '/'.