PDA

View Full Version : Oki printer driver

Tom Erikson
20-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I have an Oki 610e printer which I wish to connect to an HP laptop (Vista) & also & HP computer (XP). The Oki website advises that the drivers are on the relative windows disk. I do not have the disks as both operating systems are preinstalled versions of windows on the hard drive. How can I access thes opertaing systems as it appears they are on hidden partitions. I have accessed many driver sites but to no avail. I am sure the answer is simple??:

SurferJoe46
20-06-2007, 02:04 PM
I heard Leo Leporte with this same comment Sunday on the TWIT show.

Seems that Vista aint gonna support things they consider are too old.

How old is an Oki anyway? (That's a VERY bad joke..sorry)

I have an Okidata for my C>64 a few eons ago...is it anywhere near the same vintage?

Since Vista is really more like ME and has so much code in it. it's a little hard to include everything that anyone might have in their closet in the Vista drivers.

Pete O'Neil
20-06-2007, 02:24 PM
That printer definitely works with XP no idea about Vista sorry. You shouldn't need the driver disk as the driver is part of Windows. When Windows give you the option to install the printer, choose to manually locate the driver. Windows should give you a list of all the drivers it has, select Printer>Oki and the select your model.

Poppa John
21-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Oki IS in NZ. I believe in Mt Wellington, Auckland. PJ

trig42
21-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Is the printer USB or Parallel?

Either way, if you plug it in and turn it on, Windows (both flavours) should just detect what it is and install the correct drivers.

If not, vista (and I'd assume XP) has drivers ready to go for an okidata OL-610e - is that your printer? - so you just choose to manually add a printer, and scroll through the lists till you get to that one. You shouldn't need the CDs.

passtheblunt
21-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree with trig42 on this, I use vista business with an old (dunno if its older than the oki mentioned above) printer and I just plugged it to the usb port of my compaq laptop and vista picked it up with a installing driver icon down the system tray.

Once the installing icon finishes installing and or searching the net for the proper drivers my printer was up and running and printing one page/per every 5 minutes..but I was happy that it is actually printing on vista..:)

cheers

my printer - canon pixma ip1000

passtheblunt
21-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Actually I received the canon pixma from the points I collected from flybuys..:)