PDA

View Full Version : How does one contact a support PERSON at Yahoo.com?

Robin S_
19-06-2007, 02:10 PM
About 18 months ago our daughter (in London) set up a restricted-access Flickr page, and set up an account for my wife, with access permission. This was before Yahoo took over Flickr. Our daughter subsequently made her page open access so my wife's ID access was not required. Now someone else has given her ID access to a restricted page but she cannot login at Yahoo because neither she nor our daughter can remember the password. Using the 'Forgotten your Password' approach generates a request for the previously-entered Personal Information, but when this is filled in with the correct information it gets rejected. It says that an exact match is required so perhaps our daughter included an unnoticed typo when setting up the account, or an inadvertant capital letter. The User ID is still 'registered' because trying to set up a new account with that ID generates a 'Not available' message (it is a rather unusual name so it is unlikely that someone else has somehow bagged it). She could create a new ID but liked the old one and would prefer to regain access to it.
Rectifying the situation obviously requires human intervention at Yahoo but there seem to be only automated ones available. I have tried eveything I can find/think of to get access to a person there but to no avail. Does anyone know of an email address or any other way of penetrating their defensive shield?

TIA

PaulD
19-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Using the 'Forgotten your Password' approach generates a request for the previously-entered Personal Information, but when this is filled in with the correct information it gets rejected. It says that an exact match is required so perhaps our daughter included an unnoticed typo when setting up the account, or an inadvertant capital letter.
TIA

The personal info check is birth date, country and post code (For non US only if originally provided) plus the code displayed on the page. If you are getting their code right have you tried it with and without post code?

supertrouper
19-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Try sending an email to "abuse@yahoo.com".

This is the address that you send emails to when someone has sent you SPAM etc - and it does seem to get through to a real person.

Tell them your problem and they may be able to point you in the right direction. I can't guarantee it but it's worth a shot.

rogerp
19-06-2007, 02:51 PM
About 18 months ago our daughter (in London) set up a restricted-access Flickr page, and set up an account for my wife, with access permission. This was before Yahoo took over Flickr. Our daughter subsequently made her page open access so my wife's ID access was not required. Now someone else has given her ID access to a restricted page but she cannot login at Yahoo because neither she nor our daughter can remember the password. Using the 'Forgotten your Password' approach generates a request for the previously-entered Personal Information, but when this is filled in with the correct information it gets rejected. It says that an exact match is required so perhaps our daughter included an unnoticed typo when setting up the account, or an inadvertant capital letter. The User ID is still 'registered' because trying to set up a new account with that ID generates a 'Not available' message (it is a rather unusual name so it is unlikely that someone else has somehow bagged it). She could create a new ID but liked the old one and would prefer to regain access to it.
Rectifying the situation obviously requires human intervention at Yahoo but there seem to be only automated ones available. I have tried eveything I can find/think of to get access to a person there but to no avail. Does anyone know of an email address or any other way of penetrating their defensive shield?

TIA

It is a free service, so no they don't provide support. You would either need to set it up again, or use a paid service where you get support.

PaulD
19-06-2007, 03:05 PM
It is a free service, so no they don't provide support.

Well they do have an on-line Contact Customer Care form you can fill in so you'd have to wait for that to be ignored before confirming that statement.

supergran
19-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I hunted around the Flickr site, and the yahoo site awhile ago and found contact emails to both. Can't remember where, I just kept hunting around both sites till I found contact us at, etc. Good luck. There are people at the end of both yahoo and flickr that will respond.

Robin S_
19-06-2007, 11:20 PM
IT'S STILL DOING IT! Twice today I have logged on, written posts, checked to see that I am still reported as logged on (yes both times) then immediately clicked the Submit button. On both occasions the progress bar went the full distance then I got a message to say that I am not logged on! After logging on again the posts had disappeared and I had to start again. On both occasions I had forgotten to take out insurance (copying my post to Clipboard before hitting the Submit button - a strategy learned from bitter experience!). EOR (end of rant).

Thanks for the replies.
PaulID. 1. I have tried entering the old, new and no post codes - nothing works. As I said, entering the correct personal ID info doesn't work but perhaps it doesn't exactly match the original in some way eg a different date format.
2. I tried filling in a Customer Contact form but as you predicted I waited months for it to be ignored.
Supertrouper. That may be worth a try. In the past I have emailed accounts@xy.z at places who hadn't responded to normal channels or didn't have any - can't remember if that ever worked.
Supergran. I didn't find any email contacts for Yahoo but I can't remember if I scoured Flickr. That may be worth a try too.

Edit. It did it again, but I foiled it by having insurance. If I keep trying it eventually works.

stu161204
19-06-2007, 11:38 PM
IT'S STILL DOING IT! Twice today I have logged on, written posts, checked to see that I am still reported as logged on (yes both times) then immediately clicked the Submit button. On both occasions the progress bar went the full distance then I got a message to say that I am not logged on! After logging on again the posts had disappeared and I had to start again. On both occasions I had forgotten to take out insurance (copying my post to Clipboard before hitting the Submit button - a strategy learned from bitter experience!). EOR (end of rant).

[off topic] Try logging out & or / clearing out your cookies & see if that helps :)

PS: What forum URL are you using? [/off topic]

Robin S_
20-06-2007, 11:37 PM
[off topic]PS: What forum URL are you using? [/off topic]

pressf1.co.nz.

I have used it for yonks. Has it changed?

rogerp
21-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Well they do have an on-line Contact Customer Care form you can fill in so you'd have to wait for that to be ignored before confirming that statement.

See if you ever get a reply, I never did. I believe they only reply to their paying customers.