PDA

View Full Version : JetStart/XTRA

01-03-2001, 10:11 PM
I recently had JetStart installed by Telecom. My ISP is XTRA and I supplied and installed a 3COM PCI ADSL modem model 3CP3617. I am running Windows Me on a PIII 450 with 128MB RAM. I downloaded the latest drivers for Me from 3COM's website. My problem is that we frequently lose our connection and the red light in 'Quickview' comes on and it says the line is down. When the line comes up again we have to log back onto XTRA again. A friend's line stays up for weeks on end and he is also using Telecom JetStart and XTRA. But he is renting a Nokia external modem from Telecom. Whenever I ring JetStart for help they refer me to my modem vendor. I have a fax machine which is connected to the other half of the ADSL line. Do I need a filter for the fax machine? Although I have not noticed any link between when the fax machine is in use and the line goes down. Sometimes it works well for an hour or two but on other occasions it goes down every minute or two.
I don't believe the problem is with the modem. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this problem?