PDA

View Full Version : Media player

jumper3
18-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Only able to access some radio stations using WMP or RP. Example www.2ue.com.au can not hear 2UE Sydney although tells me it is playing, but can hear 4Bh Brisbane from the same web page.
Also problems listening to www.brr.com.au - some files load and others don't.
Used to be able to hear all radio stations then suddenly this problem.

Using WMP 10, Windows XP pro,Toshiba S3, Firefox, IE. have removed Firefox but makes no difference.

Any ideas guys ?? Got me bushed .

Jumper3

chiefnz
18-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Those stations work fine for me, however I am using WMP11. How are you trying to access the stations? I went to the website and clicked on Listen Live and off she went within 5 seconds everything was coming through loud and clear, using Firefox as my browser.

Have you tried upgrading to WMP11? Try that and see if you have the same problem.

Cheers

jumper3
18-06-2007, 06:09 PM
G'dday Chief,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have updated on one of my laptops to WMP 11 and still the same.
Oddly I have 2 Toshibas and exactly the same problem on both. One is 4 years old and the other 4 months old. I had been listening to 2UE for years on the old computer and also on the new one and then suddenly both have spat the dummy.
I have removed the firewall, Adaware, Spybot etc. Downloaded Real Player, jiggled about with settings etc to no avail.

I suspect that there is a common denominator here as both computers now the same, but I am very careful with software and only download essentials. Mystery to me and maybe to you too !!

Kind regards,
Jumper3.