PDA

View Full Version : How to convert MS Photodraw.mix files to a useful format??

01-03-2001, 05:53 PM
During a moment of insanity I scanned some valuable photos using Photodraw's *.mix extension. Photodraw soon disappeared from my system but I now need those photos. What can I do to convert the .mix format to something readable without putting Photodraw back on. Not even ACDC can read it??

Thanks

George

02-03-2001, 07:07 PM
Hi George,
The .mix format is actually a Microsoft Picture It file from what I can gather. Put the files on floppy or CD and find a friend with Picture It or Photodraw, open the file and go File/Save as and save in any format you like it is best to rename the file as well.
If you don't know anyone that can help you ask at your local computer shop, they would surely have one of the programs on a shop machine and should be omly too glad to help.
Failing that you can email them to me (if they are not too big)or post them and I will convert them for you and send them back on a floppy or CD.
Good Luck
bill.cheryll,cox@xtra.co.nz

04-03-2001, 09:07 PM
Thanks for your help. I can reload Photodraw and save everyone a lot of trouble. (Thanks to Ghost it wont be too bad a problem) Was just hoping for an easier way!!

Thanks again

G