PDA

View Full Version : OE Question

Poppa John
13-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi All.
I used to get a yellow blob down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen whenever a new E-mail came in. it is not there any more How do I get it back, please. I had a look at OE-Tools-Options, but saw nothing pertaining to this. Thanks PJ.

FoxyMX
13-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't get a "yellow blob" either but I do get an envelope down by the clock. Is that what you are meaning?

If yours has gone go to Control Panel > Taskbar & Start Menu > Taskbar & Start Menu Properties and see if "Hide inactive icons" is ticked.

If so, click Customize, then select the OE envelope icon, ie "You have new e-mail".

Poppa John
13-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't get a "yellow blob" either but I do get an envelope down by the clock. Is that what you are meaning?

If yours has gone go to Control Panel > Taskbar & Start Menu > Taskbar & Start Menu Properties and see if "Hide inactive icons" is ticked.

If so, click Customize, then select the OE envelope icon, ie "You have new e-mail".

Thankyou Foxy, but I cannot find the last paragraph. I am using XP Home SP2. PJ

Poppa John
13-06-2007, 08:19 PM
All ok now. Stumbling around, I found it. Tested it & it works. Thanks. PJ.

FoxyMX
13-06-2007, 09:07 PM
:cool:

Oldferix
13-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey, this is an interesting piece of information.
Thanks to you guys at PressF1, I'm learning new computer skills most days.
Most appreciated!

Poppa John
13-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey, this is an interesting piece of information.
Thanks to you guys at PressF1, I'm learning new computer skills most days.
Most appreciated!

Me too. neat eh?? PJ

Beemer
15-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks also - I get the pop-up that alerts me to a new email, but if I walk away from the computer, I had to click into OE to know if there was any new mail when I got back. That pop-up was a pain when I was working in an office where someone often looked over my shoulder! Not a problem when you work from home!