PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 5.5

28-02-2001, 02:32 PM
I bought the NZ PC World for Dec 200/Jan 2001 and I'm damned if I can get IE 5.5 installed onto my PC from the disk that came with this edition. Wondering if anyone else is having problems.

I have tried to install it even after a flattened my hard disk, installled Win98 and then tried to put IE5.5 on straight after this. Still no luck.

Basically, when it goes to install it works away at it for a while then comes up with an error that says 'The following components could not be installed' One of the components is IE5.5. I have tried custom installs, full installs. It just doesn't want to go on.

28-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Had exacatly the same problem
with a few of the PC worlds CD-ROM's I have a new uptodate system and I am running Win 98 SE I suspect that the software that PC world uses to write the disks is not very good. I have tried these CD-ROM's in a number of different PC's and some them just frezze up and have to be manually turn off and rebooted.

28-02-2001, 07:34 PM
Hi Evan

I don't know about the CD but if you are keen to update your Browser you can do it from this address:
http://www.xtrasite.co.nz/software/win95/browser/

BC

28-02-2001, 11:29 PM
according to other posts these cds have corrupted installiton files. try downloading it instead.

02-03-2001, 11:40 PM
Glad to hear others are having the same problem with IE5.5 from the free CD-ROM. What is the chance of getting replacement CD-ROMs?