PDA

View Full Version : XP ethernet driver

Stella
12-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I have re-installed XP following HDD failure on Compaq 6136 P4 - compaq site doesn't have drivers for ethernet .......device manager shows ? next to it...any ideas to update driver? cheers

wratterus
12-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome to Press F1:)

Is that model a notebook or PC? i can't find the exact match on the compaq website.

Speedy Gonzales
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Is it

One of these (http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang=en&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&qt=Compaq+6136&la=en&cc=us)

Has it got any letters after it like on the HP site?

Stella
12-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi...it's a desktop 6136HK as your link showed. I've downloaded and installed the 6 drivers shown there and still no joy.

My compaq restore CD's are for XP chinese version - broadband works fine, I just can't read the chinese characters.

When I install my english version of XP and the 6 drivers above no Ip address shows on network connections .

Once I get this sorted I then need to try and get back my photos and data from the dead HDD - HD spins but BIOS will not autodetect...cheers

Speedy Gonzales
12-06-2007, 05:06 PM
It doesnt look like the HP site has LAN driivers for 2000 or XP.

Was the LAN onboard (I take it , it is), or did u buy a separate PCI ethernet card??

If its onboard, u may have to give HP a ring, and ask them where to get the drivers.

trig42
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Can you get it onto WIndows update, hard I know with not ehternet, but Windows update may have the driver for it.

If not, get PC Wizard, and find the model of the motherboard, and search on that.