PDA

View Full Version : Unallocated Partition-Paragon Partition Mgr

David57
09-06-2007, 03:45 PM
I created a new partition from my C drive using Paragon Partition Manager however it cam up unallocated. My C drive has reduced by the value of the new partition however i cannot find the new partition other than thru Paragon and dont seem to be able to allocate a name or make any amendment to the unallocated new partition.

I am using Windows Vista and unfortunately the system restore was not on so i presume i cannot use that to go back in time.

Can anyone help me.

David

Graham L
09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
I hope that "system restore" doesn't do anything with partioning information. :D

Did you create a new partition, or did you (as I guess) use PM to extracxt space from the existing "C" partition?

This is what appears as "unallocated". Windows can't use it until it has been allocated to a new partition and formatted. That's why it doesn't appear. The Disk Management utility will be able to see it, and perform the allocation and formatting.

David57
09-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I created a new partition i thought which also reduced the size of the C drive unused space. I have been able to allocate a Drive letter (F) and i can now see this when i open up my computer and the space that i allocated to it.

It sounds like everything is back in order however if anyone things i may still have some issues please feel free to let me know.

David

Tony.br
10-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I am not sure Paragon Partition Manager because i dont use it but normally creating a new partition does just that. Create unallocated space.

THEN you must format it as Primary or extended partition and what type... FAT32/NTFS etc

Also, if it is an extended partition, you can have more than 1 logical drive. Mine for example has 3. D: E: and F: