PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Corrupted Video Files

Clod
06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Have downloaded 2 video files from Rapidshare and want to take them to DVD using Intervideo Win DVD Creator. They both play good as gold on Win Media Player but when I try to import to Intervideo one is fine the other has the message "invalid file contents maybe corrupted" Is there an easy fix or a freeware program that can fix it or should I download the file again from Rapidshare in case something was wrong with my original download. (trying to avoid the new download if pos as my broadband is more dialup speed) Any ideas?

The_End_Of_Reality
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Try using another DVD autoring program and see if that will work

Clod
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry I'm not that brilliant with the terms so bear with me. Whats do you mean another dvd authoring program?

winmacguy
06-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry I'm not that brilliant with the terms so bear with me. Whats do you mean another dvd authoring program?

Another application that creates or authors DVDs, an alternative program to the one you are using.

Clod
06-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Hold on, I've worked it out something like Nero you mean. I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.

winmacguy
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
yes that would be one. :)

The_End_Of_Reality
06-06-2007, 11:08 PM
OK... DVD creating software... you are using Intervideo Win DVD Creator right? well try something like Nero if you have it or Ulead DVD movie Factory or some free ones (which I have no idea of the features and quality of though...) Video DVD Maker FREE (http://www.newfreedownloads.com/Multimedia-Graphics/Video-Conversion/Video-DVD-Maker-FREE.html), Ulead DVD Movie Factory TRIAL (http://www.ulead.com/dmf/trial.htm) have a Google, you should find others but try the Ulead DVD movie Factory trial if you don't have any of the other paid options

winmacguy
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Adobe Premier Elements is very good although not free.

apsattv
07-06-2007, 03:58 AM
Import it into virtualdub..