PDA

View Full Version : MYOB Restore

boss62
01-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi guys,

Not sure if you can help, but doesn't hurt to ask....:)

I have just installed MYOB Accounting Plus V 16 on my computer at my church. After upgrading previous files etc I backed up onto a pendrive.

I installed same program on my laptop and updated files on my old version of MYOB. When I went to restore the backup from my computer at church onto my laptop, it came up with

'DynaZip UnZIP error: Unexpected end of zip file (problem extracting file(s))

Can anyone tell me why this happening. Today, i backuped on the desk computer again and tried to restore that file on my laptop, but the same message came up. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

CliveM
01-06-2007, 09:53 PM
If you just copy your MYOB data file from your church computer to your pen drive using explorer and then copy it from the pen drive to your laptop also using explorer you will find that that works.

Probably MYOB does not like being restored from a backup not made by itself in it's own environment (ie. the machine it is installed on).

Cheers
Clive

DeSade
02-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Actually that will not work, MYOB files cannot simply be copied and pasted.

MYOB is designed to be restored by a backup on any system running up to 5 versions behind and ahead of the version it was created on.

No offence Clive but your information is completely wrong.

Accounting v16 is susposed to restore FROM the zip file, there is no need to extract it yourself

This is the knowledge base article that you should be able to access for full details

http://myobnz.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/myobnz.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1629&p_created=999124728&p_sid=52ekV3Di&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEyJnBfcHJvZHM9NCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY 9MS40JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY 2hfZm5sJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9cmVzdG9yZQ* *&p_li=&p_topview=1

If you have just installed the product you have 30 days free tech support via the phone, I suggest you call us on Tuesday if you have problems
0508 32 82 83

Good luck