PDA

View Full Version : Local network light Always on!!

JOYBEBA6679
01-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok hi to all. Well I have a Dell Dimension 8300 and Im using a 2wire router DSL modem witch connects to this PC via ethernet cable. Ok the problem is that since always everytime I turned off my PC (shutted it down) The light that says Local network on the router always went off as normal. But like 2 or 3 ago till now the light just stays on when the computer is turned off. Even disconnecting the ethernet from the router wont make the light go off, So I would like to know what is wrong and if I can fix this. Thanks in advance and take care!!

JOYBEBA6679
01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Well anyone?

Safari
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
It must be a fault with the router.
With the ethernet cable disconnected there is no network connection so the light should be out.

An illuminated LAN light indicates that the modem has established an Ethernet connection. When the LAN light is off it indicates that there are no network connections present or the ethernet cable has been disconnected.

JOYBEBA6679
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
It must be a fault with the router.
With the ethernet cable disconnected there is no network connection so the light should be out.

An illuminated LAN light indicates that the modem has established an Ethernet connection. When the LAN light is off it indicates that there are no network connections present or the ethernet cable has been disconnected.

Um... thanks Safari, I knew that, I just wanted to know why could this happen out of nowhere, If this could be caused by viruses or stuff like that and If I can fix it!, By the way Im on Xp sp 2

Safari
01-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Routers don't get viruses.
Have you tried turning the power to the router off and back on again.
Wouldn't worry about it if everything is working ok, not really worth buying a new router.

JOYBEBA6679
01-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Well you see, last night something really strange happened, I mean havent happened to me before, the thing is that I was downloanding a file at 52KB which is the max this goes, but suddenly it starte to download at 82KB. It took the download at 25% at 82KB and never went down or near to 52KB. Thing is that today all Im getting from the same site is 11, no more than 20KB speed. And it still wont go off and yes I turned off and on again and nothing. Could it be someone controlling my pc with it?