PDA

View Full Version : No Monitor Signal

dkearns
01-06-2007, 04:11 PM
hello, i just have recently purchased a new motherboard and processor because my stuff was from way back in the day. i have a p4 duel chord ram and an integrated video card. i just put it together, and when i turn it on, the monitor receives no signal. the light next to the button on the monitor does not turn from orange to green. now this has happened to me in the past, and it worked out to be a ram problem, however this is fairly new ram, and i have tried messing around with the ram., the processor worked b4 so i know its not that, and i have tried putting a video card in and i get the same blank screen, when it turns on i get no beep or anything, now, obviously i have tried messing around with the chrods, and there all snug, i have also tried taking the battery out for 30 seconds, and that didnt help either. any help would be appreciated.

SurferJoe46
01-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll bet it is an olde wive's tale, but take the CMOS battery out again, and unplug the power from the tower, then press the button that normally turns the unit on, holding it in for a time...like 30 seconds.

This is SUPPOSED to fully discharge the caps and if there's any stored memory it should then be gone.

You'll be sure then that you have sent the BIOS back to virgin condition if that's what you really want to do.

I call this a "dead-cold reboot". :cool:

BTW: Welcome to F1...there'll be a lot of others who will watch and help too..just bet on it.

We all try to be a big family here.

Graham L
01-06-2007, 05:07 PM
If there are no beeps, I'd suspect that you have the motherboard installed wrongly. If you have something shorting to ground, it won't work. ;)

dkearns
01-06-2007, 05:37 PM
ok, well, the beep is prolly because i dont have the speaker pluged into the mainboard......(blond moment) dont laugh...anyways, im thinking that since its a p4 with a gig of ram, do you sapose it could be a fact that im using an older 230 watt power supply? i know that it might be the catalyst, however im not entierly sure. thanx for the quick reply.oh, and i forgot to mention that ive tried different monitors including a new one, and it does not say that the cable is not plugged in.

trinsic
02-06-2007, 01:20 AM
do you sapose it could be a fact that im using an older 230 watt power supply?

Hah I would say so. But before anything try having just cpu and 1 ram stick. No peripherals(hdd, usb etc). The PSU is probably having trouble giving it enough juice to even start up to be honest.

dkearns
03-06-2007, 04:51 AM
ok, well befor i did that i just got a 300, i read the manuel and it said that it recomends 300 watts. however the problem still presits...ive tried multiple video cards and its a 1.8 fyi