PDA

View Full Version : Lost Win98 CD

01-06-2007, 05:32 AM
I repair a lot of computers people at my collage, problem is everyone has a second hand computer and no discs to go with them. Does anyone know where I can download clean images of windows cds, mine were all lost in the last move. I don't need keys the os's are already installed just need the discs for drivers and repairs. I currently have three laptops on my table that are about to become doorstops, any help would be greatly appreciated.

SurferJoe46
01-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Might help: http://www.richardthelionhearted.com/~merijn/winfiles.html

Speedy Gonzales
01-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I doubt anyone here will tell u where to get a full version of Windows from anywhere on the net.

Without paying for it. Try reading the rules.

wratterus
01-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I can see where you're coming from bro:cool: This dilemma has stumped many a person.

As far as i can see, there SHOULDNT (MS doesn't like it....but it doesn't hurt them) be any legal issues with copying a windows disk (as long as you're not planning on installing a pirated copy of an OS) because a disk does you absolutley no good without a product key. Just try and find somebody's old 98 disk or whatever disk you need, use the copy disk function in nero, i think most CD writing software will have it, and copy away. most of the time the disks will copy properly.. i have done it before to keep a backup just in case i lost the genuine disk. I always keep the product sticker on my PC, so that's never a problem. It's not pirating software, it's increasing the number od PCs running a windows OS and not Linux. MS should be happy:D

wratterus
01-06-2007, 10:13 AM
As to where to get the disks from...? good question:stare: . ask around.. try trademe maybe.:illogical ??

PaulD
01-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Try reading the OP " I don't need keys the os's are already installed just need the discs for drivers and repairs."

It would be safer anyway to borrow disks if you have your own legit keys rather than trolling the sort of sites that might have them.

lightfoot
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Windows 98 OS are selling very cheap on trademe. If you want to buy one, let me know.