PDA

View Full Version : Local Area Connection box keeps popping up

springa886
27-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, just a lil nigly problem im having. The box that tells me that my internet is connected (it says, "Local Area Connection is now Connected Speed:100.0 mbps) keeps popping up at random times. Now im not disconnecting it at all and im not reconnecting it at all, in fact, i aint doing jack nob to it!!! Sometimes im surfing, sometimes im burning a DVD and this box keeps popping up!!!
Anyone have any idea why it keeps doing this? Im kinda scared that my connection is being hijacked or something!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Speedy Gonzales
27-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Thats your network in the house (The Lan).

Sounds like theres a prob with it.

How many PC's in this LAN and where are u connected in it?

springa886
27-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Hey Speedy, its just me man, this is the only PC in the house. Im on Xtra and got a D-link Router... or is it a modem?? Iono!

Also, just as I was reading my earlier post there, Why does it say "Connected @ 100.0 Mbps"?? Im sure my downloads dont go that fast!! lol

Speedy Gonzales
27-05-2007, 11:24 AM
The 100 mbps must be the connection between your network card and the router. (If this is how the router is connected).

Its not the speed you're connected @ on the net.

I would make sure both ends of the ethernet cable are in properly.

It maybe coming out, or its loose somewhere.

SolMiester
27-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Could be the router dropping the connection, is it new?. Is it an Telecom Xtra d-link?, Xtra may have a BIOS update for the unit.!

drcspy
27-05-2007, 11:35 AM
its the router losing the connection now and then to the pc.....dunno why .....mine does it too....it's not a hassle tho ...

springa886
27-05-2007, 12:02 PM
thanks for all the input, ill check the cords, and check for a bios update too. Like drcspy says, the problem im having is not a hassle, but i like to know whats going on with my stuff ya know.
Anyway, cheers guys, ill see what happens.