PDA

View Full Version : how to drain battery

hotkiwi
19-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi friends,
just bought a new battery for my notebook. I recall there are some freebies that help you make a complete battery cycle in that they drain the battery without messing up windows, there are also 'battery train' cycles in such a freebie.
Does anybody know where I can find it ?
Cheers

johan

johcar
19-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi friends,
just bought a new battery for my notebook. I recall there are some freebies that help you make a complete battery cycle in that they drain the battery without messing up windows, there are also 'battery train' cycles in such a freebie.
Does anybody know where I can find it ?
Cheers

johan

:D Install Vista and run the Aero interface!!

You could try AccSmart (http://www.bestsoftware4download.com/software/k-battery-t-free-accsmart-download-vllljonx.html) ... Seems to have what you're looking for..

johcar
19-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Oops! But AccSmart isn't free - don't know whether the Demo is crippled in any way...

bk T
19-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Check your laptop's user manual, some brands like Asus has this function in the BIOS. If it is not mentioned in the manual, go to the BIOS and check whether there is anything.

johnd
19-05-2007, 10:45 PM
When I bought my new battery I just gave it two or three cycles of fully charged to flat by using it disconnected from the mains - simplest method isn't it?