PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall Vista to Reinstall

arseynimz
08-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi all,

I succesfully installed Vista on my machine last night, but realised halfway through that I didn;'t see where to install the RAID drivers. A quick Google this morning has solved that problem, but I now need to reinstall Vista in order to set the drivers in place.

So question is, what is the best way to uninstall Vista please???!!!!????

I figured I would be able to format the drive, and go from there, but I'm not sure.

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Craig. :D

Speedy Gonzales
08-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Well yer format it again, like what u just did to install it.

And if its the same as previous versions of Windows, press F6 to install the RAID drivers, (thats if theyre needed).

And you're using hdd's in RAID.

arseynimz
08-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, problem was it's a newly created box, with new HDD's so haven't had to do the whole install thing yet.

FYI, The RAID install occurs halfway through the Vista install process when you choose the destination of your Vista OS install. There's a little "Install Drivers" box down the bottom of the screen (tucked away so you miss it like I did).

Still, how do I go about formatting the drives using Vista? I can't just use a cmd prompt, as that's within a Vista window............

Cheers

Miami Steve
08-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't you get the option to format if you boot from the Vista disc? You do have a disc, don't you? Or is it a recovery partition? Regardless, either method should offer you the option of reformatting (and possibly partitioning) prior to loading the OS.

arseynimz
08-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Legendary - thanks Steve, I'll boot from DVD tonight, and report back on my level of success!

Thanks heaps. :D

arseynimz
09-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi guys,

All went perfectly, and as stated, boot settings were changed to boot from the Vista disc. All installed, and RAID working fine now.

Thanks heaps all.