PDA

View Full Version : Firefox downloads

--Wolf--
05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Lately, everytime I download something in Firefox 2.0, from any site..after the download is finished, it will comepletely disappears from the download box. I've looked in the settings but can't seem to find the option..I'm sure it will be something like "Automatically clear all downloads once they are finished"...but I don't want this to happen.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Speedy Gonzales
05-05-2007, 02:27 PM
It disappears from the download box once it finishes anyway.

The only other option there is, is to close the window, after the dl has finished.

Which is under tools/options/main.

So, there is no option to stop it from disappearing. It goes away by default.

Whatever the download folder is, thats where it'll be.

snoopy
05-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Check your settings under

Tools/Options/Privacy

Private Data

winmacguy
05-05-2007, 02:38 PM
You can set up a preferd download folder in Firefox > preferences so that all downloads automatically download to that folder.

--Wolf--
05-05-2007, 02:39 PM
^^ "Always clear private data when I close firefox"

And Speedy, it never used to disappear when it finished...Because I would always launch w/e it was from the box, rather than having to minimize every window to get to the desktop.

Only recently did my firefox settings get mucked up, so i had to change to back, and that's when it stopped showing.

Shortcircuit
05-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I am really not sure if this happens in 'standard' Firefox as I've got the slide-out sidebar installed, but you can change the view in the sidebar from bookmarks to downloads or add-ons by opening the sidebar and clicking on the 'bookmarks' button to bring down the dropdown menu. Click on downloads and all your downloads from the current session are shown.

You can also click on 'tools' in the menu bar at the top of your browser then click on downloads.

If you want to change what happens to the download window when you finish downloading a file:

click on 'tools' as above, then click on options to bring up the menu window, make sure the 'main' tab is selected then in the downloads part tick the 'show downloads window...' and untick the 'close downloads window when finished'. Click OK to exit.

--Wolf--
05-05-2007, 04:05 PM
click on 'tools' as above, then click on options to bring up the menu window, make sure the 'main' tab is selected then in the downloads part tick the 'show downloads window...' and untick the 'close downloads window when finished'. Click OK to exit.

It is already like that...If I cant get them to show up / stay there when they're finished I might as well select "Close window when finished" because..what's the point of it being there if it's not gonna show me what's finished? I'm SURE there is an option somewhere everyone is overlooking, because I KNOW it used to show all downloaded files..and double clicking on it would open it.

Safari
05-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Go to Tools/Options
Privacy and then Download History Tab
There is a box there - Remove files from download manager
You can select manually, when download finished or when Firefox exits

--Wolf--
05-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Thank you Safari!!!!!! I knew it could be done...thanks a lot!

--Wolf--
05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Actually, just downloaded something and it still does the same thing. Guess I'll just turn it off completely. Thanks anyway.