PDA

View Full Version : iPod connection problem

springa886
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Whenever I connect my IPOD to my Windows XP machice, Windows opens a Windows Explorer window with the contents of the attached drive (IPOD). How do I stop this from happening??

Any help would be great ;)

radium
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Have you got iTunes installed?

Somewhre along the line you might have set the autorun menu to open up windows explorer as default when you insert a portable storage device.

rogerp
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Whenever I connect my IPOD to my Windows XP machice, Windows opens a Windows Explorer window with the contents of the attached drive (IPOD). How do I stop this from happening??

Any help would be great ;)

Can you give more details. Have you phoned the apple support line, or tried the apple support site, as they have heaps of answers to questions like this. They also have a online forum too, and they would be more knowledgable.

Speedy Gonzales
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Or connect it again right mouse on its icon and properties.

Click on the autoplay tab, and change it to take no action.

zcc
04-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Nah, SELL IT....

the ipod is obviously too advanced for him/her/it

rogerp
05-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Nah, SELL IT....

the ipod is obviously too advanced for him/her/it

But the ipod is probably the most simplist of devices you can buy.

winmacguy
05-05-2007, 12:10 AM
But the ipod is probably the most simplist of devices you can buy.

I think zcc is actually just drunk and making stupid comments, he seems to have posted a few on other forum threads tonight.

springa886
16-12-2007, 04:42 PM
zcc's name is really nob... he was just too drunk to spell it at the time. NOB!

LiquidSolidity
16-12-2007, 07:25 PM
If you are running itunes, disable "disk use" in the itunes ipod menu and it should solve your problem.

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2007, 07:30 PM
If you are running itunes, disable "disk use" in the itunes ipod menu and it should solve your problem.

It depends WHAT you use it for. If you're syncing it with Outlook, and untick / enable disk use, Itunes will crash.

Everytime you sync. And you wont be able to copy and paste text files to it in My computer.

springa886
16-12-2007, 07:32 PM
oh sorry guys, i should have mentioned... This is an OOOLLLLLDDDD Post, Speedy, you solved my problem back then, cheers by the way. I just thought id say what i thought about that zcc chap.

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh ok then.

I shall shut up :D

LiquidSolidity
16-12-2007, 07:35 PM
It depends WHAT you use it for. If you're syncing it with Outlook, and untick / enable disk use, Itunes will crash.

Everytime you sync.

That has never happened on my machine? Enabling disk use just allows you to use the ipod like an external drive. It's not meant to have anything to do with syncing it with Outlook. Must be a bug, I guess.

Speedy Gonzales
16-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Well it may have been a bug. It was a while ago / a few versions ago.

I think it was in version 6 or something then.

When I got my first Ipod, but Itunes definitely crashed if enable disk use was disabled/unticked.

Everytime, I synced contacts and the calendar in Outlook

Coz once I ticked it, Itunes didnt crash.

springa886
16-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah i had that same problem, if disk use wasn't enabled iTunes would freeze and crash, it took me like a month before i figured out that you have like 12 seconds after you start iTunes to change enable it or it would freeze. Not sure if its still like that but i'll just leave it enabled anyway and untick the autoplay option.