PDA

View Full Version : Video playback problem

Mateo1981
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
This problem was solved but reapeared.
Basicly when ever i play any video file with vlc (and sometimes with other media players) my computer and mouse freezes for a minute and then recovers only to freeze again in another minute later.
I've updated my video drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled vlc but the problem persists.

Mateo1981
03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Also my pc is running slow when it comes to opening programs.

The_End_Of_Reality
03-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Have you tried the usual defrag, adware, virus, spyware scans etc? run these and then see if the problme is still there

Mamaz
03-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Check how much RAM is available when you play these videos and how much when you don't. Anything less than 64,000kb available means you have very little RAM available and your PC is using virtual mem (hard drive) hence the freeze ups. Check for spyware and viruses as suggested above regardless.

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 12:13 AM
I have run counterspy, Bitdefender, MWMSRT, Trojan remover, and trendmicro housecall.
I have defragged.
Available RAM is 235,000kb but this doesn't change when it freezes, However my CPU rans around 0% to 10% then every lag (or freeze) it spikes up to 100%
then it went hardcore and the cpu started changing between 60%-!00% and available RAM went down to 52000kb.

and when i open a program (like firefox) it does nothin for about 30 secs then the cpu goes above 50% and then the program opens and it returns to 0%

The_End_Of_Reality
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
I have never heard of counterspy or MWMSRT... try scanning with Ad-aware SE personal and Spybot Search and Destroy.

How old is the install of XP(?)?

FoxyMX
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Check what you have in Startup and remove everything that is non-essential.

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 01:01 PM
I have already removed whats in the startup menu and msconfig.

MWMSRT stands for Microsoft Windows Malware Software Removal Tool.
I'll try Ad-aware and spybot but i thought counterspy is better then both of them.

My XP is up to date, what do you mean how old?

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Ran Spybot and Ad-aware and they detected some cookies but i still have the same problem.

memphis
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
How much ram does your computer have 256mb,512mb,etc.?

Try ccleaner. its really good at getting rid of junk etc.:thumbs:

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
My pc has 512mb of RAM.
I have already tried ccleaner which doesn't help the problem.

memphis
04-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I have the following on my pc,maybe one of them might work for you.:)

VLC,MediaMonkey-(really good:thumbs: ),Gom Player-(really good as well:thumbs: ),Leadtek Winfast Dvd,Windows Media Player 11,Quintessential Player,Media Player Classic,Winamp,Quicktime,Divx,Jet Audio Basic,Power Dvd.

Do you have things running in the background at the same time?

Do you have all the codacs that you need?

Do you do any P2P/file swapping/downloading etc?

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I have the following on my pc,maybe one of them might work for you.

VLC,MediaMonkey-(really good ),Gom Player-(really good as well ),Leadtek Winfast Dvd,Windows Media Player 11,Quintessential Player,Media Player Classic,Winamp,Quicktime,Divx,Jet Audio Basic,Power Dvd.

I really perfer VLC (though i might try mediamonkey and Gom Player), The other players i have work alot better most of the time but i have gottten use to vlc and as i said i would perfer to fix vlc.

Do you have things running in the background at the same time?

Only bitdefender, there are alot of processes running that i don't know what they are for.

Do you have all the codacs that you need?

Yeah I went back to the old video files i used to play with vlc and they did not work aswell.

Do you do any P2P/file swapping/downloading etc?
I download files but i don't use p2p or file swapping.

memphis
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Are all your media players up to date-the newest version?:)

Download HijackThis and run it to see what is on your pc,whats good/bad and then post the result and I know the senior users on this forum will be able to help you out with understanding the results and what is good/bad.:thumbs:

radium
04-05-2007, 08:35 PM
How many proccesses do you have running?

Mateo1981
04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
How many proccesses do you have running?

Are all your media players up to date-the newest version?

Yeah i downloaded the latest and still the same.

Download HijackThis and run it to see what is on your pc,whats good/bad and then post the result and I know the senior users on this forum will be able to help you out with understanding the results and what is good/bad.

K thanx.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 8:55:28 p.m., on 4/05/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnagent.exe
C:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe
c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdmcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Matia\Desktop\System utilities\HiJackThis_v2.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDNewsAgent] "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDSwitchAgent] "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdswitch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sunbelt CounterSpy Antispyware (SBCSSvc) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Softwin - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

The_End_Of_Reality
05-05-2007, 08:22 AM
That is not the whole log file, run it again and post the WHOLE log file

Mateo1981
05-05-2007, 12:46 PM
This is the whole logfile:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 11:47:45 a.m., on 5/05/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnagent.exe
C:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe
c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdmcon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Matia\Desktop\System utilities\HiJackThis_v2.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDNewsAgent] "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdnagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDSwitchAgent] "c:\progra~1\softwin\bitdef~1\bdswitch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDMCon] C:\PROGRA~1\Softwin\BITDEF~1\bdmcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O23 - Service: BitDefender Scan Server (bdss) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server\bdss.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sunbelt CounterSpy Antispyware (SBCSSvc) - Sunbelt Software - C:\Program Files\Sunbelt Software\CounterSpy\SBCSSvc.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - SOFTWIN S.R.L. - C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender9\vsserv.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Softwin - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

--
End of file - 3059 bytes