PDA

View Full Version : Website maintenance - pricing

chiefnz
03-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi guys,

a friend at work has approached me to setup, design and maintain a website for his small business. We discussed this at length and now things are starting to move ahead. Due to busy schedules we haven't had time recently to hash out cost etc.

I had stated to him previously that on average free-parking a domain usually costs about $50-$70/year and then once in use the monthly price for the domain+hosting varies, off the top off my head they start at about $49.95 depending on the type of package you have.

I have no intention of charging the poor guy industry rates for the maintance etc but neither do I want to be as cheap as chips.

Can anyone give me a pricing guideline around these sorts of things, I mainly want to know about what sort of fees are being asked out in the industry for website setup, design, and maintenance.

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Greg
03-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey I'd love to help, but it's a bit much asking your competitors for guidance, don't you reckon?

However if you're just doing the job as a favour and you're not in the industry, then I'd be happy to tell you the fees I charge. Drop me a PM if you like if this is the case.

(The costs you already quoted aren't the best).

stu161204
03-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Your also welcome to PM me, & I will let you know fees I charge, for this sort of thing.

Greg
03-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Your also welcome to PM me, & I will let you know fees I charge, for this sort of thing.Hey Stew... you're a bit slow today mate - I got in a reply to a website query before you!

mejobloggs
03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Monthly pricing at $50? I would have thought more lik $20 a month for domain/hosting

stu161204
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey Stew... you're a bit slow today mate - I got in a reply to a website query before you!

heh :D

I was up in till 2am last night sorting out a website that just went live, so I am a bit tired today…..

chiefnz
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the replies, got some good info from Greg.

cheers