PDA

View Full Version : The wandering mouse...

The_End_Of_Reality
02-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey peeps :D

I have had this problem for a few days now and it is bugging the *insert word here* out of me and I can't find a fix for it...

The problem is: I am happily using my mouse, doing whatever, surfing the net, gaming etc etc and then all off a sudden, the mouse starts wandering up to the top left corner of the screen, when I try to move it, it still tries to go back into that corner, it is completely unuseable like this... My first thoughts was that it is the G7 wireless mouse, so I unplugged that and used and old PS/2 ball mouse :yuck: but that still done the same thing... the PC is regularly scaned for viruses, spyware, adware etc and Hijackthis turned up nothing... so for now I am stuck using the KB only... any ideas?

pctek
02-05-2007, 12:56 PM
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/why_does_my_microsoft_wireless_optical_mouse_leap_ around_in_windows_xp.html

Often its the surface you're using it on, but see the thread above.

stu161204
02-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Maybe your mouse likes the top left corner of the screen :D :p

The_End_Of_Reality
02-05-2007, 04:36 PM
The surface has not changed and I have not changed any settings... after a few mins of use it just starts to wander to the corner... It has nothing to do with wireless cause it done the same thing with a wired ball mouse, not with the PS/2 input either... (wireless mouse uses USB) Hmm... strange...