PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Account

ahd8888
20-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi, I often using internet at home as well as at my company. However, I use broadband internet connecton for my business purpose at work, and dial-up modem at home. To save myself some money, is that possible to use the login and password for my broadband connection on my dial-up connection. Would there be any problem ?

Thanks in advance.

DeSade
20-04-2007, 02:02 PM
No
Broadband and dial-up are two different and seperate services.

Speedy Gonzales
20-04-2007, 02:16 PM
And you need an ADSL modem not a dialup modem.

And its most probably tied to work, not home.

And if u could, I dont think your work, would be too happy.

If theyre paying for it.

ahd8888
20-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh no, don't misunderstand. It is my own company. Just don't like to buy another router for home. The PC at home already had a dial-up modem installed.

DeSade
20-04-2007, 04:23 PM
If you purchase the hardware for your house and had it wired up for ADSL service then yes you could use the same account as your business

To do this you would need a ADSL modem for your home computer and have the place wired up to accept the connection.

You would be best to talk to your broadband ISP and discuss your options.

The_End_Of_Reality
20-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Well if you want Broadband at home, you will NEED a BB modem/router...

godfather
20-04-2007, 08:40 PM
I use broadband in my office, and dial-up at another location.
The log-ins are totally separate and different.
They are totally separate at the ISP, you cannot use the broadband account or log-ins from another location on dial-up.

So the answer is "No" as above. Otherwise I would be doing it too.

drcspy
20-04-2007, 10:58 PM
sigh....soem folks have gotten this wrong\

you CAN indeed use the same account details to connect both broadband AND dialup......I do it all the time (i'm with xtra). the details are slightly different.....to log in with BB it's user.xadsl@xtra.co.nz and your password
to log in with dialup it's user@xtra.co.nz and your password......theres NO reason why you can use the same account for both connections..........BUT it will cost you a little........IF you have both systems on line at the same time.....xtra charge $2.50 per hour for you to connect two systems at the same time.....for example if my BB is online as it usually is........and I also dial up then I get charged the $2.50 p/h for the second connection......

drcspy
20-04-2007, 11:00 PM
sorry this

theres NO reason why you can use the same account for both connections

should read : theres NO reason why you can't use the same account for both connections

pctek
21-04-2007, 09:30 PM
IF you have both systems on line at the same time.....xtra charge $2.50 per hour for you to connect two systems at the same time.....

Really? How rude.
Xnet don't charge me anything if I use dialup somehere else.
Although I'm not using it much, mainly for test purposes occasionally.