PDA

View Full Version : 554 Relay access denied In Eudora 7 & others

wiggywoggy
13-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi all,

My problem is with just one email address that gives me the above error. All other and current email address that I send to have no errors. The one I'm trying to send mail to is support@coralpic.com and each time it returns saying Relay access denied.

The thing is based on my research into this problem it would seem that nothing is wrong with my Eudora set up nor with gmail or even outlook as I have tried with all those and they each return with that error.

That email address that I'm trying to send an email to is one of three from the main web site so they are legitimate emails and not bogus one's so I'm needless to say frustrated that I can't contact them and annoyed that this error is only showing up for that address.

So my guru masters if someone out there can see what I can't see and help me fix this I'll be eternally greatfull :)

Thanks in advance
Wiggy

Greg
13-04-2007, 10:41 PM
So... your main problem and issue is: How many spam keywords can you include in a forum post?

Correct me if I'm wrong, [edited]

wiggywoggy
13-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Excuse me? Why are you calling me names? And what on earth are you accusing me of? I came in here asking a legitimate question to a problem and you come in here calling me names that isn't helpful and it's rather upsetting. I will be directing the moderators to this thread as what you did is disgusting.

Greg
13-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Oh, excuse me miss la-di-dah!

If you make a post that looks like a spam, smells like a spam, and walks like a spam, then guess what? It's a spam.

I asked you to correct me if I was wrong. Couldn't?

Happy days, "Wiggy"!

lmfao :lol:

Jen
13-04-2007, 11:12 PM
That is it Greg. That is completely unacceptable behaviour from you. Stuff the infractions, you have been given a 24 hr ban for this. I have repeatedly warned you about accusing people (incorrectly) of being spammers and posting crap like you have.

Jen
13-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I will be directing the moderators to this thread as what you did is disgusting.I agree, it was. He has been dealt to. Maybe he will learn his lesson this time.

Please accept my apologies for the treatment you have received with your legitimate question. PressF1 members do not normally treat people like that.

wiggywoggy
13-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Thank you Jen I really don't know what he was going on about and as you are a moderator perhaps you can enlighten me have I posted something incorrectly? I have checked the FAQ on Forum posting and I can't see what I have done wrong. Thanks again for your help Jen :)

Jen
13-04-2007, 11:36 PM
You haven't done anything wrong. Greg has a fixation about spammers and thinks any new (or newish) member that posts and mentions a website with a link must automatically be a spammer. Rather than let the moderators decide, he reacts in a manner to which to were just subjected.

I'm sorry I can't offer you any advice with your problem. I hope you get it sorted.

Dannz
14-04-2007, 12:00 AM
relay access denied means the server you are trying to send though isnt allowing you to do so.

Not sure why it changes with email address though...

sorry i cant be more help.

Erayd
14-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Are you actually getting a popup box error saying 'relay access denied', or is the email bouncing with that error?

If the message is in a popup box (or in the send/receive box), it means that you've run afoul of a filter on your ISP's mailserver (assuming that's what you're using to send mail). If the emails are bouncing, then it means some other server along the chain is misconfigured - possibly the coralpic.com mailserver has been incorrectly set up.

Neither of these problems are your fault, and there's nothing you can do. Try sending your email from a gmail account or similar.

Safari
14-04-2007, 08:53 AM
coralpic.com is associated with dreamhost.com and they have been having problems with their IP's being placed on black lists.
The returned mail you are getting will be associated with this and there is not a lot you can do until they get their problems sorted out.

You could try sending with your ISP's webmail system as it may use an IP that is not blocked.

wiggywoggy
14-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Are you actually getting a popup box error saying 'relay access denied', or is the email bouncing with that error?

If the message is in a popup box (or in the send/receive box), it means that you've run afoul of a filter on your ISP's mailserver (assuming that's what you're using to send mail). If the emails are bouncing, then it means some other server along the chain is misconfigured - possibly the coralpic.com mailserver has been incorrectly set up.

Neither of these problems are your fault, and there's nothing you can do. Try sending your email from a gmail account or similar.

Hi and thanks for your suggestions, the email was bouncing back, tried it with gmail as well as a few others so I'm now on the belief that it is something to do on there side and not mine. Thanks for the input :)

wiggywoggy
14-04-2007, 09:19 AM
coralpic.com is associated with dreamhost.com and they have been having problems with their IP's being placed on black lists.
The returned mail you are getting will be associated with this and there is not a lot you can do until they get their problems sorted out.

You could try sending with your ISP's webmail system as it may use an IP that is not blocked.

Thats good to know at least now I don't feel like A a problem on my computer and B I can just wait for them to get fixed and up and running. Thank you for the information it's very helpful :)