PDA

View Full Version : LCD Resolution Problem

Pete O'Neil
13-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Guys

Just collected my new LG L204WT 20" WS LCD and it wont display the correct resolution. I've installed the screen drivers, but the maximum resolution Vista will let me select is 1600x1200 and my screens native resolution is 1650x1050. I'm in the process of downloading the latest ATI drivers for my X800XT to see if that will help, the latest LG drivers didn't do squat. Its currently connected via D-Sub will DVI make a difference? (Curse LCD supplier not supplying DVI cables)

Any suggestions?

Speedy Gonzales
13-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Monitor drivers dont ususally have anything to do with the resolution side of things.

The monitor may go to 1650x1050, but whats the highest resolution the videocard can go to??

Pete O'Neil
13-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Monitor drivers dont ususally have anything to do with the resolution side of things.

The monitor may go to 1650x1050, but whats the highest resolution the videocard can go to??
More research suggests that ATI drivers don't support the resolution which is stupid. It looks like the hacked Omega drivers do but it doesn't look like they support Vista :( Luckily the X800XT isn't mine, i traded it with a mate for my 7600GS because he didn't have the 6pin power connector on his PSU. Looks like it might be time for him to buy a new PSU.

SolMiester
13-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Pete, does display settings show the correct monitor?. I had to download drivers for NV to get WS res for a friend of mine....

Oh, by the way, pulled the trigger on the LP2045w HP LCD screen.

Pete O'Neil
13-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I've given up trying to get it to work on the ATI card, the drivers just don't support the resolution. Reverted back to my 7600GS, installed the drivers and it automatically reverted to the correct resolution.

Now that its running properly I'm very impressed. Just finished a round of CNC3 and an episode of Battlestar Galatica and no problems what so ever. Unfortunately the 7600GS isn't quiet powerful enough to play CNC3 @ full detail at its native resolution but medium is fine.

You wont be disappointed with your purchase! Looks like a nice screen, looks to have a better base than the LG unit which could be handy.

SolMiester
13-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Pete, looked at the samsung which has the S-IPS panel and true 8 bit, BUT, it doesnt have high adj, which at my desk is a biggy!.

I bought one 2 weeks ago for a client, and it did leave a nice impression.

Oh, guess I'll have to get another video card, my 66GT will struggle too!