PDA

View Full Version : Buying Hotmail Plus

ronyville
13-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I am one of the unlucky ones that can not use Outlook to manage my hotmail account..:angry, so i decided to buy a yearly subscription just so I can manage all my emails from Outlook cos its so much easier. I tried buying it last night but when it came to adding my billing address, I could not cos it requires USA addresses only. Does anyone know how to go about doing it from NZ??

cheers

Ron

Speedy Gonzales
13-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Why dont people just use Gmail, its free, u can access it in OE or Outlook.

I wouldnt bother paying $19.95 US a year, just for 4 GB. For the + version.

ronyville
13-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Why dont people just use Gmail, its free, u can access it in OE or Outlook.

I wouldnt bother paying $19.95 US a year, just for 4 GB. For the + version.

Hi speedy, I dont care about that 4GB, I just want to manage all my emails from one location and I have had my hotmail account for 10 years now, I use it for all the subscriptions and also for all personal emails to friends and family. To be honest i just cant be stuffed getting a new email account, going to all my subscription sites and changing the email account details and than sending a message to friends and family about having a new email that they should now use, blah blah blah, so i just figured buying that hotmail plus is easier enough and hassle free.

Thanks for your input though :)

Greg
13-04-2007, 09:53 AM
i just cant be stuffed getting a new email account, going to all my subscription sites and changing the email account details and than sending a message to friends and family about having a new email that they should now use, blah blah blahSome might suggest that you've already gone through more hassle than you would have if you'd changed to Gmail. ;)

ronyville
13-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Some might suggest that you've already gone through more hassle than you would have if you'd changed to Gmail. ;)

Nah mate, Havnt been through any hassles yet, was just looking at what could possibly be the most hassle free option :). And getting new email account and letting others know looks like more hassle than just paying for something that works. Thats how I see it.

Thanks for your input though.

Greg
13-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Okay, in that case you know you're stuck without an American address; I'd assume that the Pro version of Hotmail isn't available to you. More reason to use another provider.

There's an option in most webmail and email clients to send to muliple addresses. A few copy-and-pastes and a few clicks can send everyone your new address.

The release of your address from spam should also be encouragement enough?

Anyway, sorry can't help otherwise.

TEOTIAWKI
13-04-2007, 11:46 AM
You could create a new gmail account (that you can manage in Outlook etc) and set your hotmail account to forward all e-mail to your gmail account (then all your e-mail will be in outlook). Send all e-mails from your gmail account and soon enough alot of you e-mails will come directly to your gmail account.

ronyville
13-04-2007, 12:51 PM
You could create a new gmail account (that you can manage in Outlook etc) and set your hotmail account to forward all e-mail to your gmail account (then all your e-mail will be in outlook). Send all e-mails from your gmail account and soon enough alot of you e-mails will come directly to your gmail account.

Had a look at hotmail and it does not support mail forwarding to another email account.

a26
13-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Why do you want to use outlook to check your hotmail?

ronyville
13-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Why do you want to use outlook to check your hotmail?

Cos it so much easier, you dont have to visit the website everytime to see what email u got, much faster, and i can have access to emails even if internet is down. ( not new ones, just the old one that i already have read).

somebody
13-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I think you need Hotmail Plus to be able to forward emails - it was a pay-for service.

Ronyville - I don't think you'll find an answer to this problem here. I think short of making up a fake US address (or finding an american friend or someone willing to let you use theirs), you're out of luck.

Graham L
13-04-2007, 05:41 PM
This is the sort of problems you can expect if you choose not to live in the "WORLD". :groan: