PDA

View Full Version : Caps Lock

leonidas5
12-04-2007, 07:18 AM
From PC Pitstop.... a great tip for those, who like me didn't know it previously

Don't you hate it when you accidentally hit the caps lock key? Sometimes I have a whole sentence typed in before I realize my mistake!
what if you could set your computer up so it alerts you when your pinky finger wanders off and taps the caps lock key? with this tip, I'll show you how to make your computer beep & flash the next time it happens.
the first thing you'll need to do is get the computer to beep when you hit the caps lock key. here's how:
click the Start button, Settings, Control Panel (XP Users, hit the Start button, Control Panel). Open (click on)the Accessibility Options Icon.

on the Keyboard tab, click the "Use toggle keys" checkbox.

that's it for the beeping part.
next, we need to get your screen to flash you, uh, flash at you. Here's how:
from the Accessibility Options screen, click the Sound tab and check the "Use soundsentry" checkbox.

next click the settings button and select "flash active window" from the "warning for windowed programs" drop down box.

that's it. hit OK until you're clear of property and settings screens. open your favorite word processor and hit your caps lock key.

Tick1
12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Make a couple of little levers and lever the Cap Lock key off.
The cap lock can still nbe used if wanted, by clicking the now exposed contact with a ball pen or similar. Tick 1

TEOTIAWKI
12-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Personally I've never had this problem (except when the receptionist leaves the caps lock on :waughh: ). Besides, word usually corrects this for me automatically.

Dannz
12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
yay for word autocorrect.

I dont find capslock as way too much of a problem anymore.
Especially as programs like windows tell you when your entering passwords.

Robin S_
13-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't you hate it when you accidentally hit the caps lock key? Sometimes I have a whole sentence typed in before I realize my mistake!

In Word, highlight the unwanted uppercase text then hit Shift-F3 once or twice - this toggles Lower case - Upper - Capitalised.

pcuser42
14-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I do it all the time, and I use a Windows XP accessibility function to remedy this:

Hold down Num Lock for 5 seconds, then click OK in the dialog box that appears. Whenever you press Caps Lock, Scroll Lock or Num Lock, a high or low beep will be heard depending on whether it is turned on or off. You need an internal speaker though.

I have to use it as my keyboard doesn't have the ___ Lock lights. :(