PDA

View Full Version : windows 98 add/remove programs

17-02-2001, 07:50 PM
i have um in stalled a couple game (decent 3) and in the place where you un in stall things it says its still there and when i try to uninstall it it says unable to find installation log file
so i went and just deleted all the files but now i cant get rid of it in the add/remove programs thing how can i fix this will have to reformat my hard disk?
please help!

17-02-2001, 11:22 PM
Windows 98 does not have the facility to remove the entry. Just ignore it. It takes up virtually no space. If you end up with a large number of similar entries, then you hunt around for a 3rd party utility to remove redundant entries. I think one of them is called 'Add/Remove Cleaner'.

18-02-2001, 12:47 PM
...or, you could try this to remove those annoying entries in the Add/Remove programs list: (1)From the Start button, run Regedit (2) select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (3) select Software (4) select 'Microsoft' (5) select 'Windows' (6) select 'Current Version' (7) select 'Uninstall'. This will give you a list of all the programs in your Add/Remove programs list. Highlight the file and select delete. This will remove the entry from the list. [Platforms 95/98/NT]

18-02-2001, 11:39 PM
Hi Richard,
Go to this page on the internet.

http://superwin.com/.

Click on freeware and download the solution to your problem! This will get rid of the entry in add/remove dialog box only. You will probably still be left with some entries in windows registry etc. You could try reinstalling the game and uninstalling it again through the add/remove box, if not then you need a program like Nortons Cleansweep or McAfee Uninstaller.
Hope this helps
Russell