PDA

View Full Version : PDD Image Files

Pat43
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM
My first digital camera had Photo Deluxe software bundled with it and some images were saved as .pdd files. Now I cannot view them. Is there a way they can be converted to the more usual .jpg files? Hope someone has an easy fix. Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Can Photodeluxe save as jpg??

If it can, just load the PDD file into Photodeluxe, then go to save as if it gives u the option for jpeg, save it as Jpeg.

Or see if Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) does it, if Photodeluxe doesnt.

Pat43
08-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Speedy for comments. I do not have PhotoDeluxe software anymore - it was a very early version.

I just tried the downloaded Irfan viewer but it does not accept/open the .pdd files unfortunately. Looks to be a great tool though.

Any more thoughts, folks?

sal
08-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Try changing the file extension of the pdd file to either tif or jpg.

snoopy
08-04-2007, 12:42 PM
GOOGLE

convert .pdd

Pat43
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM
If I change the file extension of my existing .pdd files (say, tiger.pdd) to .jpg (ie. tiger.jpg) then image does not open/show in Windows Picture & Fax Viewer which I have as the default image viewer on the PC for all my camera pictures.

HOWEVER, I loaded Arcsoft Photstudio software and if I open this re-named tiger.jpg file with that software there seems to be no problems.

I can then save the image again as tiger.jpg using "Save As" in Arcsoft Photostudio and then it is openable in WP&FV with no problem. Quality etc. looks to be fine & file size is considerably reduced from the original .pdd format.

So... I now have a fix for all my old .pdd image files.

Thanks people for all your help & ideas