PDA

View Full Version : Winfast TV2000 XP TV/FM tuner

chiefnz
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I have the above TV Tuner and it works like a charm IN XP SP2.

However, in Windows Vista Ultimate, when I open MS Media Centre, it says that there is no TV capture hardware available. I've installed the Vista driver from the Leadtek site but cannot seem to get it working at this stage.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get her started up.

Cheers

The_End_Of_Reality
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Hmm, I have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR350 and when I was playing with the RCs all I done was... infact I didn't even need to install drivers for it... Vista had drivers for it :eek: and then opened up the Media Center and bang, it was there...

Speedy Gonzales
04-04-2007, 09:36 AM
I've posted this in a Windows mediacenter NG Chief.

I'll wait and see if anyone replies.

Blade2
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Well surprise, surprise a new OS that isn't compatible with old hardware who would have thought…:badpc:

Speedy Gonzales
04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Got one reply from the newsgroup

Your card does not have support for MCE 2005 which means that it is also not
supported for MC in Vista with drivers.

And this site (http://www.leadtek.com/usa/tv_tuner/specification.asp?pronameid=169&lineid=6&act=2) was posted.

So, by the looks of it, even tho there are drivers for Vista, it wont work with the Media Centre, but may work with some other program, in Vista.

Altho, by the looks of it, the Application program that comes with these tuners, supports XP MCE, it may work (http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/download.asp?license=y&downlineid=63&downline=WinFast%20TV%202000%20XP%20(Deluxe%20/%20FM%20/%20RM)) with Vista?

chiefnz
04-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Well surprise, surprise a new OS that isn't compatible with old hardware who would have thought…:badpc:

Before you go singing the "What else do you expect from Microsoft?" song let's not forget that while an OS manufacturer tries to make as much hardware work as possible, at the end of the day manufacturers of hardware also have a responsibility in releasing drivers which are compatible with new OS releases.

I don't have a problem with Vista ( I have a total of 3 issues) 2 of which are known driver issues being worked on currently. the 3rd is the TV card which is a software problem rather then a driver issue.

Cheers

chiefnz
05-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Well downloaded and install Leadtek's PVR software package and the card works fine. Recption is great.

I'm very happy. doesn't really bother me that I can't use Media Centre (although it would be nice) mind you I hardly use the Windows Media applications anyways so it's not a missing link in my computing chain.

Will still be looking out for a resolution to the problem though.

Cheers